This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart Races

Last night we had two trucks come in instead of our usual one to none. The managers decided to give each associate a certain time to pull freight out to the floor. I ended up missing mine because I was on register for the majority of it and then went on break. I get back, put away some returns, and then head to the back to see if they still need me. They do, so I get out of pulling the heavy stuff because of some stitches in my arm (got talked to about bringing in a doctors note because I hadn't). I start grabbing rocket carts that are filled and wheel them out to the floor.

While I'm doing this I notice some annoying teenagers. They aren't doing anything to bad. I do notice one chick in a cart but I let it slide since they're way far away from me and the rocket cart is heavy as all get out. I go back in grab another cart and come back out. Now there are two teenage girls in the cart and they're careening down the aisle with a guy running towards them. They're all coming towards me.

Me: guess I dare ya
    TG: Teenage Guy
    TC1: Teenage Chick 1
    TC2: Teenage Chick 2
    thinking

Me: Hey! You! Stop that!
    TG: I told you they won't let us
    Me: Then why were you doing it to begin with? You two need to get out of the cart also. Now.
    TC1&TC2: Glare, pout, and be general annoying EW teenage girls.

I went back to the back and got another cart and tho and behold another one of their group is riding a bike around the sporting goods department when there's an associate there just shooting the breeze with a customer. I tell him to get off the bike and go on with my job. Seriously, are they really that stupid. I haven't been twenty for even a month and I know I wouldn't act like that at a store. What is with these idiots?
    Last edited by RedRoseSpiral; 04-18-2008, 03:34 PM.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Simple... where there's a douchebag kid, there's at least one, usually 2 even bigger douchebag parents.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

blame those who spawned them.

why not kick their brain dead backsides out as well? that's a lawsuit in the making (even though most carts that haven't been vandalized have the 'do not ride inside cart' warning in them), these brain surgeons will definitely blame you if something goes horribly wrong.

i'm for revoking breeding licenses on all counts, permanently.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

You should've encouraged them to continue...

...down a steep hill.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          You should've encouraged them to continue...

...down a steep hill.

If only we had been outside...
          Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

got talked to about bringing in a doctors note because I hadn't
            Aren't the stitches IN YOUR ARM good enough for your moronic managers?
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              Aren't the stitches IN YOUR ARM good enough for your moronic managers?
              you know that someone out there, somewhere, is thinking, 'man, with a needle and some black thread, I can, like, get out of anything!'
              "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
                If only we had been outside...
                Now where's that slowly moving automatic door when you need it!
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
                X