This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Cash Register Story

So, today I was running the register all day at work, which is unusual for managers, but that's what I ended up with. Anyway, I was waiting for a credit card to process (which literally takes between 5 and 10 seconds), and the following happened:

Me: Obviously
    SC: Sucky Customer behind the person with the credit card

Me: (to customer with credit card) I just need your signature here, please.
    SC: (waves his bill in my face with his credit card) Here you go.
    Me: I'm sorry, I have to finish their transaction first, but I'll be right with you.
    SC: What? You can't do two at one time?! (He was serious)
    Me: No, sir, the computer won't let me start another transaction while I'm still finishing another.
    SC: Well that's STUPID!!

I used to get those a lot.

Wow, we have a manager here! Welcome! You're one of the good guys, right? (Please say yes!)
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Ignorance is bliss for some people
      Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Quoth csever01 View Post
        Me: No, sir, the computer won't let me start another transaction while I'm still finishing another.
        As far as I know, the only way to run the second guy's card on the first guy's transaction is if the second guy is paying for the first guy's stuff. I kinda doubt he'd like it much if you did exactly as he demanded you do...

Comment

Yes, I'm one of the good guys. I am a manager but I really don't have a very company-oriented mentality. I expect people to do their jobs but I definitely understand that the customer is NOT always right!

Comment

Quoth csever01 View Post
            Yes, I'm one of the good guys. I am a manager but I really don't have a very company-oriented mentality. I expect people to do their jobs but I definitely understand that the customer is NOT always right!
            I like you. I really like you.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth csever01 View Post
              So, today I was running the register all day at work, which is unusual for managers, but that's what I ended up with. Anyway, I was waiting for a credit card to process (which literally takes between 5 and 10 seconds), and the following happened:

Me: Obviously
              SC: Sucky Customer behind the person with the credit card

Me: (to customer with credit card) I just need your signature here, please.
              SC: (waves his bill in my face with his credit card) Here you go.
              Me: I'm sorry, I have to finish their transaction first, but I'll be right with you.
              SC: What? You can't do two at one time?! (He was serious)

Sir, if I could run multiple accounts at the same time, don't you think I'd do it? because I'd SO do it. Just to piss off my coworkers because I have done it before.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth csever01 View Post
                Ex-manager here ... you have my sympathies.

The amount of time that a customer is right is inversely proportional to the amount of suck contained within that customer.

Or, put for non-math geeks ... good customers are always right, sucky customers are always wrong.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                X