This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or... (long)

... Do your SC's seem to follow themes some days.

I swear today is don't listen to anything I say day. For the record I work in a call center for a prepaid cellular phone service.

Round 1
    So this one is a Port in request that I am taking

Me: Ok I need the phone number that you want ported
    Dealer: *Rattles of the phone and then the account number*

Dealer to the customer: I need your SSN and...

Me: Hold on, i really don't need the customer's SSN, I just need their name and address now.

Dealer (still to the customer not to me): Sir... sir... I need your SSN man.

Me: Sir, excuse me. I don't need his SSN.

Dealer to me: What?

Me: I don't need the customers SSN, just his name and address now.

Dealer: Oh, why didn't you say so earlier?

Me:

Round 2
    Another port in request.

Me: *opening spiel*

SC: Yeah I'd like to port the phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx from company Y

Me: Ok, is their an account and or PIN associated with the phone number?

SC: My name is Na*mumblembumble* Andrews and my address is 555 I'm Not Listening to you lane.

Me: Ok, and do you have an account or PIN associated with that phone number?

SC: The ESN I want it on is (insert ESN here)

Me: And is their an account or PIN associated with this phone number?

SC: I already told you no, why do you keep asking me that?

Me: Ooo kay... and can you please spell your first name I did not quite catch it.

SC: Its Nath*mumblemuble*

Me: Did you just say Nathaniel?

SC: How long will this port take?

Me: Typical processing time is 3 hours. Now I still need to clarify your first name. Did you say it was Nathaniel?

SC: No I said my name is Keith Andrews (name changed but the idea is the same here, his first name was completely different from what it sounded like he had been saying).

Me: Ok, thats all set and your request has been submitted. It usually takes 3 hours for us to receive a response from most companies. So if you call us back after that time we can check up on the request and go forward from there.

SC: So I should call back in one hour?

Me: Again, the process usually takes 3 hours.

SC: Ok, I'll call back at 6:30 then (in 1 hour and 30 minutes)

Me: Ok, but it most likely won't be ready by then.

SC: Ok....

Me: Did you have any questions or other concerns at this point.

SC: *click*

Round 3
    Another porting request (It's the only queue I've been in all day)

This time I'm dealing with a rep from one of the big 3 carriers in the USA.

Me: Ok, I've issued a resolution required response to your request because the request did not include the 4 digit PIN for this account.

Other Rep: Ok, can you please issue a resolution required response for that then.

Me: (isn't that what I just said I did?) I already did that.

Other Rep: Oh... let me refresh my screen then. Ok I see that, thank you for assisting large wireless company have a good day.

Me: You too.

So anyone else have days where all the SC's just seem to fit into a theme for the day?

I get those days.
    "can i have officer x's home phone number"
    "no, i'm sorry, i cannot give out an officer's number, but i can transfer you to his pager"
    "ok great, what's that number."
    "i can only transfer you, i can't give out that number."
    "well go ahead and give it to me just in case we get disconnected."
    "if you get disconnected you can just call me back"
    "oh i don't want to bother you. just give me the number."

these are the things that cause me to go home and scream into my pillow until either i go hoarse and can no longer scream or lose consciousness...
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Big 3 in the USA?

Sprint/Nextel, Verizon, Cingular/AT&T, T-Mobile, and AllTel. That's 5 that I can think of. What do you consider the Big 3?

Comment

Quoth Hawkguy View Post
        Sprint/Nextel, Verizon, Cingular/AT&T, T-Mobile, and AllTel. That's 5 that I can think of. What do you consider the Big 3?
        If you go by subscriber base alone the first 3 beat the other two hands down in terms of size. Even the smallest of the first 3 sprint/nexttel has over twice the subsciber base of T-mobile.

Comment

Hahaha

Quoth Chanlin View Post

Me: Now I still need to clarify your first name. Did you say it was Nathaniel?

SC: No I said my name is Keith Andrews
          Nice one. That's funny, and oddly enough not the first time I've read a simmilar thing on these boards. It's like people forget their names or something. Durrr...
          It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Working...
          X