This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I can't shop here if you are voting for Obama!"

Hey all, I'm Canadian but I have now traveled to the U.S. on a visa and begun my life in America. Wedding is next month, May 24.

Anyway this happened to a friend of my fiance's at work. This person works in a small hobby shop and the customer in question was wanting to buy a model of a fighter jet. She comes up the counter and this ensues:

FF = fiance's friend
    SC= Self explanatory

SC: I want to buy this but I need to ask you something first.
    FF: Sure, what do you need? (thinking it's a question about the product)
    SC: Are you voting for Obama?
    FF: Excuse me?
    SC: The democratic primary, are you voting Obama?
    FF: What has that got to do with anything?
    SC: Barack Obama is evil. I will not buy anything from anyone who supports him.
    So who are you voting for?
    FF: That's really none of your business ma'am.
    SC: The hell it isn't! I won't buy this if you are voting for him! I must know.
    FF: Whether or not you choose to shop here is your choice ma'am but I am under no obligation to tell you who I'm voting for.
    SC: That's not fair, let me speak to your manager.

Manager comes up and SC repeats her demands

M: Well ma'am my employee is right, it's none of your business who she is voting for. If you want to purchase the product we'll be happy to help but if not I'd appreciate if you left the store.
    SC: You'd tell me if you weren't voting for him, I bet both of you are voting Obama!
    M: It doesn't matter who we--
    SC: YOU ARE VOTING OBAMA! YOU'RE AS EVIL AS HE IS! I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN!

And with that she drops the model on the counter and storms out.

I was scratching my head for a good hour after hearing this story, was this person whacked or what?
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Whoa, Thank god that has never happened to me. I've had some crazys but none of them have demanded to know who I am voting for.

Comment

Wow, that's a major asshole.

Anything further on the subject, y'all can find me on Fratching...
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Brain bleach, anyone?
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I think someone needs to turn off the 700 Club and find their way back to a more normal life.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I would have been forced to explain to the asshat that not everyone is a democrat.

Comment

Anybody who bases their purchasing decisions on the parties or candidates the company or proprietor supports, left or right, is more than a little whacked in the head.

I've personally gotten this from both sides. I had a guy go off on me because we didn't have American flags in stock and called us Communist. And then later some woman threw a fit and complained at the service desk because we had one of Ann Coulter's books on the best sellers endcap. We don't even decide which books go out there--the book distributor does.

Makes me pretty happy I'm more libertarian than anything else. I don't have to identify with the garbage coming out of the two major parties.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That's....wow. I don't think I've ever had that happen even with the most spaced out moonbats that have called me. But then again Canadian politics is fundamentally unexciting and doesn't really inspire much insanity.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                Hey all, I'm Canadian but I have now traveled to the U.S. on a visa and begun my life in America. Wedding is next month, May 24.
                You're doing it wrong. You're suppose to marry an American and then bring them north to rescue them from US politics. Don't you remember the plan?

Er, I mean...<cough>

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post

Anything further on the subject, y'all can find me on Fratching...
                  Why go further?

There literally is no political debate to be had in this. Someone was off their meds, or needed to be on the program.. BADLY!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Anybody who bases their purchasing decisions on the parties or candidates the company or proprietor supports, left or right, is more than a little whacked in the head.

I would add "when they are not being advertised" somewhere to that. I wouldn't want to support a business that cared so much about a candidate they blatantly advertise it or give corporate profit to that person.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                      You're doing it wrong. You're suppose to marry an American and then bring them north to rescue them from US politics. Don't you remember the plan?

Er, I mean...<cough>
                      GK you lunatic! you're going to give everything away!

<ahem> there's nothing to see here folks, carry on with your life.

Security, I need GK put behind his desk for 24h shifts for a week.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Up until about three years ago, my answer, had I chosen to give it, would have been "I don't vote."

I wonder what she would have said to that.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          Up until about three years ago, my answer, had I chosen to give it, would have been "I don't vote."

I wonder what she would have said to that.
                          Whatever she came up with, I bet she still wouldn't have bought the model
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                            GK you lunatic! you're going to give everything away!
                            <ahem> there's nothing to see here folks, carry on with your life.
                            [/SIZE]
                            But Clerk is foiling our efforts!

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

Er, I mean...<cough>
                              I KNEW IT!

J'accuse, Keeper of Graves! Now, find me a Canadian boyfriend so I can get the hell outta the U.S.

But then again... you guys have Celine Dion... I'm kinda happy with being so far away from her.... Maybe she'll move to France, yes?
                              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                              X