This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NightWatch View Post
    Oh good god!! Take me please!! I cannot take anymore!! They won't even let me register to vote cause no one believes I was born on a U.S. military base to American parents. (Note to self: add to myspace: "Looking for hot Canadian lover to save me from American crazies!")
    Something is very wrong. By law you are an American citizen. Doesn't matter whether your parents are American or not. It only matters that you were born on US soil or on a military base.

Worked for the State Dept. for 5 years.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
      Just wait until the economic situation here turns real bad, then you're going to feel the pinch of illegal immigrants coming up from the nation south of you.
      Well, I can only save one via marriage. Heck, with the laws up here it doesn't even matter if its a woman or not. Canada rules.

Quickly, ditch the blue, just stick with the red and white!

( All goes according to plan.... )

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        I
        Having recently re-watched Chapelle's Black White Supremacist skit, I wondered: if Obama is elected President, will various Klan-types drink some Kool Aid a la Jamestown or will their heads spontaneously explode?

Ahem, the kool-aid was Jonestown---with Jim Jones, in like 1978, in Guyana.

Jamestown was 1603 in what is now..Virginia.

Totally not the same thing.

Anyway, regarding the OP...what a loon!
        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Oh good god!! Take me please!! I cannot take anymore!! They won't even let me register to vote cause no one believes I was born on a U.S. military base to American parents. (Note to self: add to myspace: "Looking for hot Canadian lover to save me from American crazies!")
          remind them that John McCain is also in the same boat (he was born in Panama), and congress declared him a Real American recently.

Comment

"No ma'am, I'm voting for the green M&M."

Also, somebody mentioned a hilarious Dave Chapell sketch. Whatever next? An SC admits they were wrong?

Comment

That's unbelievable! I've been sworn at because I was trying to get someone to preview this Harry Potter computer game (you got Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 for free if you previewed it) and the guy went off about how horrible I was for trying to sell witchcraft and would I let my children watch and read that crap. That's semi-understandable from a RELIGIOUS aspect (I... suppose... although not really, he was batty) but to not shop somewhere because of who they support in POLITICS? Oh lord...
              "You're not gone five minutes, Agent Scully, and I'm already starting to feel like a stranger in my own office-"
              -Agent Doggett

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                Well, I can only save one at a time via marriage.
                Edited for my amusement.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well if it's a company that gives large sums of money to political causes I disagree with I generally won't give them my money. I don't see how the politics of the guy behind the counter matter though.

Comment

Being an Obama supporter myself, I can tell you there are just as many crazies out there who would have the same rant but substitute Hillary or McCain as being "evil." It's the sad state of American politics currently. The "enemies" are no longer terrorists or tyrants, but those with differening political viewpoints. Very, very sad indeed.
                    I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                      Well, I can only save one via marriage.
                      I thought you'd been scared out of that by now.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Just wait until the economic situation here turns real bad, then you're going to feel the pinch of illegal immigrants coming up from the nation south of you.
                        I don't know how it is post 9/11, but before that, the US's biggest illegal immigration problem wasn't from the south. It was actually from the north.

Basically, boatloads of illegals would cross the Pacific and the South American and US coast guards would rebuff them, so they'd just keep heading north till they could land, and the cross into the US via Canada.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

evilqueen &GK: Yeah, I've registered a few times, they keep finding problems.. i gave up on it... I just don't care enough to vote anymore because politicians don't care what people think, especially in my state. If you're not mormon, don't bother voting... They redesigned the voting districts so 55% of the population who aren't mormon/republican are divvied up and their voting power is diluted. (gerrymandering) It used to be, the southern half of the state (rep), the north half of the state (rep) and the metro area (dem)... now there are 3 districts that all slice right through the democratic area...
                          Meh, politics suck anyways. No matter who you vote for, it's all going to hell in a handbasket.

It's gotta be Utah.
                          I'm leaning towards Utah. It can't be Virginia, they have the Amish.
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

If anyone asks me about my political affiliation or tries to get me to talk politics I simply tell them that it's not their business to know.

If they become beligerent and insist, I tell them they have to leave as they are technically harassing me and impeeding my work.

Comment

It's gotta be Utah.
                              Almost certainly Utah. Failing that, Idaho, but the layout sounds more like Utah.

Guess I lucked out there as I'm registered Republican.

Where did the Rhinocerous Party start, pray tell?
                              Wait...Rhinocerous Party?
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                                Meh, politics suck anyways. No matter who you vote for, it's all going to hell in a handbasket.
                                That is so true.

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                                Rhinocerous Party?
                                It's not a party unless Rhinoceros Partay
                                *does geeky white boy dance*
                                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                                X