This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, Why, WHY?!

I've been on another hiatus due to poor internet connection and chronic procrastination...but I'm back.

All of this happened on Monday but yeah...3 counts of suckiness was enough to send me to the castle of padded rooms.

Turn your damn music off!

Had a genius come through drive thru with her music blasting and she didn't even make the slightest effort to turn it down so we could hear her. She orders random items off our value menu but can't make her mind what the hell she wants to drink.

SC: "Give me a small sprite...no, scratch that, gimme a medium sprite...no, wait...yeah...I want that and a medium coke..."

Me:

Then she gets to the second window to pay and we can all hear her crappy music throughout the store. I had to almost yell over the music to give her her total because sometimes it's hard to understand anything that comes out that speaker.

Me: "Ma'am, you're total's-"

SC: *Raises a finger towards me with her head turned*

Me:Hold up...I know this bitch didn't just...

So I keep my big mouth shut because I know how I am and handle her transaction smoothly while taking another order and making other drinks, and then:

SC: *pulls out a $10* "Could I have a $5 and five $1's?"

Do we look like the fucking bank to you? Do you not see me struggling to take another order while handing you your food that you took forever and a day to order, while making other drinks and looking fabulous while doing so? I'm sorry Ma'am but there's a line and I have to finish taking this order and making these drinks."

SC: *says nothing while I hand her order to her or even when I told her have a good night, then drives off*

Honk if horny...or want more sauce...?

Woman was on the phone from the time we took her order to the time she got to the window, and even when we handed her stuff out to her. She wanted sauce for her chicken tenders and by management decree I could only give her one sauce since there were only 4 pieces. I closed the window and went to do something when she honked at me. Yes, honked.

Me: *opens window* "Yes Ma'am?"

SC: *with a self important glare* "I want another sauce."

I could have charged her for the extra sauce since she really didn't need it but I felt like being nice and handed her her friggin sauce that she just had to have more of.

When kindness fails

A man had ordered two meals and since he didn't say anything to me about a drink tray, I didn't bother asking. Then after I hand him his drinks:

SC: "Could I have a drink holder?"

Me: *smiling* Oh, sir, why didn't you tell me earlier? I would have put those in a carrier for you! *honestly being friendly and trying to be helpful*

SC: "Did I do something to upset you? You're being short with me. All I asked was for a carrier for my drinks but I'm sorry if I made you mad by asking that."

Me: "No, sir, all I'm saying is that I could have done that for you, I wasn't trying to be short or even come off that way. I don't mind helping you out by setting up your drinks for you. Why should you have to do it? *smiles again but more fakely while handing him a tray*

SC: "Oh. Well thank you." *drives off*

Not sure if I ever mentioned this before, but I HATE MY JOB.

Yeah, I discovered that, for the most part, being helpful is a waste of time. *sad sigh* But always appreciated on my end.

Welcome back.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

One of the most frustrating things is when you're genuinely not in a bad mood or not upset in any way and someone pulls that, "You must be having a bad day," attitude.
      Well I wasn't before, but thanks to you now I am.

Comment

Well, like our beauteous Miss Sarcastic, I too got to deal with the joys of the drive-thru today. What was worst for me was at the end of the day, as I was supposed to punch out, a car entered the drive-thru. We'd been a little slow that evening, so I figured I would help out on this last car before I leave.

So of course instead of one quick order, I get 2 old couples that can barely hear me and can barely read the menu (taking 5 minutes apiece to fill their order)...and then the much younger couple who started out syrupy sweet and then turned into SCs the instant I handed them their food. Took us ANOTHER 5 minutes to deal with their demands. Kept me on for another 15 minutes of the shift from hell. Good times

In short, I feel your pain Maximillion!
        Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
        --Unknown

Comment

Oh, sir, why didn't you tell me earlier? I would have put those in a carrier for you!
          I can't think of any way to phrase this that couldn't be interpreted as you complaining that he didn't tell you. I think your best bet is just:

Here you go, sir.
          I know, your first is far more friendly and makes for a nicer world.

Regarding honking, I'll do that at a fast food window. Just a fast, fast beep. Not every fast food worker pays attention or cares if someone is at the window trying to get the attention of the people inside.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Maximillion View Post
            Not sure if I ever mentioned this before, but I HATE MY JOB.
            Really? I never would have guessed!

I must commend you for not having gone homicidal on anyone, yet. I doubt I could last a week in fast food.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

Regarding honking, I'll do that at a fast food window. Just a fast, fast beep. Not every fast food worker pays attention or cares if someone is at the window trying to get the attention of the people inside.
              I'm sorry, we can never be friends. If there's someone at the speaker placing their order when you honk, it is so loud in my ear. I already only have one good ear, and I don't need anyone honking in it for any reason. I'm trying to protect the hearing I have, thanks.

Comment

Quoth luckythegiraffe View Post
                I'm sorry, we can never be friends. If there's someone at the speaker placing their order when you honk, it is so loud in my ear. I already only have one good ear, and I don't need anyone honking in it for any reason. I'm trying to protect the hearing I have, thanks.
                Well, the honk isn't too bad; I just ask that you don't do that unless you've been waiting for, say, 10-15 seconds. Speaking as one of those employees myself, I have to say that if by then the employees haven't gotten off their ass to help you, they may need a little motivation.

In my experience, its the cars that are in desperate need of a mechanic or twelve that are the worst. The engine noise can make it so that you can't hear the customer, and if they're smart enough to recognize that and turn it off...well, turning it back on results in what sounds like dynamite going off in the headset, followed by equally explosive profanity on the part of the employee (who will have muted the headset if s/he's able to think straight at the time).
                Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                --Unknown

Comment

Yeah, I can imagine anyone working drive-thru with a headset would really not want to here a honk through a loud headset

Regardless,
                  Me: *smiling* Oh, sir, why didn't you tell me earlier? I would have put those in a carrier for you! *honestly being friendly and trying to be helpful*

SC: "Did I do something to upset you? You're being short with me. All I asked was for a carrier for my drinks but I'm sorry if I made you mad by asking that."
                  Even if you have a friendly manner, smile, and say it in a good way, its always going to be taken in the defensive manner. It's why I'm just so direct with people now at my shop. Its very hard for someone to twist what I say into something negative, and cause me headaches working out what the persons issue is. Also cuts down on irritating chit chat, of course, and even though most would think that been a bit more broad with the customer is a better thing (I've heard this enough, all the form a relationship crap), it isn't. Otherwise I'd probably have a lot more stories to tell on here..
                  - Boochan

Comment

Working...
                  X