Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Game] [OOC] Into the Black (Firefly-verse)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are those the kinda signs you mean?

I'm still game for this game. And talk with exile, hes the tech expert
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I'm still ready for this game. As for the ship, I have not a clue, nor would my character.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

I'm still ready. Last I recall we had the ship model and name down to a few choices, but not really chosen yet.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
          I'm still ready. Last I recall we had the ship model and name down to a few choices, but not really chosen yet.
          Pretty much sums it up.

Comment

All right, well, we need to nail down what the ship is and what it's called, so we at least have those figured out.

I'll work on having the opening IC post up later today/tonight.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well, I'd like Ghel and Sarlon to weigh in on the ship model if at all possible.
              Here's the possibilities that have been mentioned thus far:
              Quoth Exile View Post
              As to the ship's name I have a couple of suggestions;
              Dān lì, (translated from Endeavour, Captain James Cook's first command http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Cook)
              Astroner (or some variation adding an adjective) (sci-fi update to one of the most common ship names of Earth-That-Was)
              The Ally (a reference to Alliance origins and also a friendly name to put people at ease)
              Deucalion (the name of Prometheus' son, Prometheus here refering to the ark ship that settled Burnadette my character's homeworld)
              The Illustrious (ok I might be spitballing here)
              Josselyn (feminisation of the series creator's name, definitely spitballing now)
              Quoth Exile View Post
              Ok, I forgot about all the various ships in Cortex Shipyards Volume I & II. Didn't like anything in Six-Guns & Starships but there's a lot of possibilities in the afformentioned fan books. Anyone who doesn't have them let me know and I can e-mail them to you.
              For those who have them (or when you get them from me) I personally like the following vessels;
              Volume I:
              DC-88 Drake (p.39, probably paint over the Lady Liberty)
              Type 413 Class Midbulk Transport (p. 130)
              Type 593 Class Cargo Sledge (p. 131)
              Volume II:
              Narwahl (p.33, but only if we call it the Midnight Bacon Express!)
              Raptor/Ripper Class (p.34)
              Quoth Exile View Post
              Another possibility is the ship from "Freedom's Flight" chapter 2 of Serenity Adventures from the table top RPG.
              ...Am I really the only one who came up with suggestions or did I just arrogantly overlook someone else's suggestion?
              Last edited by Exile; 10-22-2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                As to ship names I like:

Dan Li
                Deucalion
                The Ally
                Quoth Chanlin View Post
                If I had to choose out of those I'd say the DC-88 or the 413. Though the DC-88 almost feels like we would be cheating... just a little...
                Seems we have it down to the DC-88 or Freedom's Flight. I'd be fine with either, but I'd like the input of Sarlon and Ghel as well.

Comment

I like the DC-88
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Dān lì, DC-88
                    How's that Jay?

Comment

Quoth Exile View Post
                      Dān lì, DC-88
                      Not that Lizzie would rightly have any input on it, but that sounds good to me.
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Well Ghel, if I spoke to soon do you have an other input?

Comment

I rather like the name Deucalion. A great reference to Greek mythology.
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                            I rather like the name Deucalion. A great reference to Greek mythology.
                            Alright, a DC-88 "Lady Liberty" named Deucalion. I think that's the full consensus. Sounds good to me!

Comment

Excellent. I'll have that introductory IC post up later today!
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Just to add one more character to the crew to serve as a gun-hand, here's Mando Alvarez.

Name: Mando Alvarez
                                Homeworld: Bernadette
                                Possible Crew Roles: Gun-hand

Description:
                                Late 30s, Mando is tall (6'3") and broad-shouldered, with a very solid build. He has dark hair and perpetual stubble, with some battle scars to his brow and nose. He carries himself like a man that should not be messed with, and compounds this by often openly carrying at least two visible weapons, one of which is a large knife. He tends to wear functional clothes-- almost always military-stock pants and a combat vest-- with a variety of usually colorful t-shirts. He also owns a well-worn slouch hat, which he wears constantly.

In terms of personality, Mando is laconic to the extreme, rarely using two words when one will do, and rarely emotes either. Despite this, he does have a dry sense of humor.

Backstory:
                                The Alvarez family lived and worked in New Tombstone on Bernadette, where they frequently worked in law enforcement or planetary militia/defense. Mando was no different, going through police training when the Unification War broke out. Mando ended up in the Alliance military soon after, like his father and brothers.

He distinguished himself well enough during the war, attaining the rank of Sergeant, but he was witness to several incidents that might later be termed 'war crimes.' ...Incidents perpetrated by both sides during the war, which left him rather jaded on the military and law enforcement.

After the war was over, Mando picked up work as a gun-hand on a few different ships along the way before eventually ending up on the crew's ship.

Five Facts:
                                - Mando likes his food spicy. He has a collection of hot sauces in his belongings to this end. (His chili will burn your tongue.)
                                - Mando's father died in combat on Ares. His uncle Josef is in charge of the family now, and is a Police Captain in New Tombstone.
                                - He knows how to play a guqin (Chinese harp), but hasn't owned one in years.
                                - He was disciplined multiple times while in the military for staging fight clubs. He claims it was "the best way to keep sharp."
                                - He has an intense hatred for slavers.

Oh, and... awaaaaay we goooo--!!

Comment

Working...
                                X