X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...

Two stories for today...
    I had an abnormally long shift for a part timer today...

I had a customer ask me, straight out, "How much does an entry level job here pay?"
    "Well, I don't pay much attention to my paycheck, so, I don't know...? Not to mention, we're not currently hiring."
    C: "Well, is <store> a good place to work?"
    R: "I'm not comfortable answering that question with a manager present."
    C: "That tells me all I need to know."

This story is the doozy, though.
    Guy walks/struts in through the out door (wearing a raspberry beret, oddly enough... Not really) carrying a partially demolished custom frame. He immediately yells at FES S to call the SM (who is, sad to say, off today, she lets him know, so he goes for back up, and requests an MOD)
    SM's underling shows up, and listens to guy bitch about his precious custom framing job, which I need to explain, apparently... He had four TV guides with the collectable Tiger Woods covers mounted to a frame and cut to fit the mounting frame. Okay, no biggie there, until guy looks at it and realizes they're in the wrong order.
    Uh... okay...
    So, he takes his frame to our competitor! and asks what it would cost to just have the magazines switched around. Our competitor, for whatever reason, tells him they're glued down, and can't be moved. (whether this is the truth or not, I don't know. However, he kept yelling "Why would I lie to you? Why would they lie to me?" Dude, I don't know.)
    MOD B (who is SM's underling) listens to guy rant and rave about our store screwing up his framing job. How would anyone be able to read his magazines now? (Dude, you had them framed! FRAMED! Unless you've got a very unique frame, and plan on letting your guests get glass cuts... they're not going to be able to read them anyway!) B is having none of this, and asks guy who did his framing job. Guy lets out a huge, huge clue. "Oh, I got it done at the <Addison (I think...)> store!"
    B goes ballistic. "And, what do you want me to do about it? It wasn't one of my framers. I can't punish people in a different store!"
    Guy and B go around (like ya do) for a good ten minutes, meanwhile, I'm ringing customers at the register just next to this whole argument, customers are stopping to listen to this guy rant and rave, and B's just standing there, going, "What do you want me to do about it?"
    B eventually calls the framing MOD up front. MOD A shows up, guy repeats himself. A looks at said demolished frame, and says, "I'm not sure, but it doesn't look to me like they're glued down." Which sets guy off again with the "Why would I lie?" routine.
    A, B, and guy all head back to framing, where A apparently fully dissembles the frame, and checks it out.
    I hear no more ranting, and guy leaves quietly, so, I'm gonna speculate that these TV Guides were NOT glued down.
    "I call murder on that!"

this is a prime example of why every SC's favorite mantra of "the customer is always right" is suicide in this day and age. Seriously, would this moron return a big mac to a burger king? "Well I don't feel like driving back to McDonalds! You're a burger place, fix it!"
    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Still, your manager was a complete moron for not suggesting immediately to go back to framing and investigate. Going round and round for 10 minutes? Any headache your manager had at that point was well-deserved.

That, however, doesn't detract from what a scuzzy douche the SC was.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I don't blame the manager for not taking this jerk back to framing at the start. I mean, if these things WERE glued down and the competition wouldn't touch it, AND it was another store that did it, why would you want to try doing something you wouldn't be able to do anyway. I mean, the guy SWORE he wasn't a lier.

Anyhoo, the real thing I don't understand is this guy was upset about glue instead of being upset about having a "partially demolished custom frame". Unless the poster meant disassembled?
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
        X