This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    in all fairness... some chains are like that... my company uses a universal system so it is theoretically possible for one to book another hotel if the know how to use the software and know the hotel code (think wrath of kahn when kirk enters the ships control code to deactivate the other ships shields... same concept to bring up a hotels inventory you need to have the hotel's holidex code... in central we have software that finds that code for us if we don't know it already... but the hotels don't have that software... that I know of)
    Some, do, yes. But here's the thing; I was working at a little Mom and Pop owned hotel (not my Mom and Pop) and they used a free hotel program (I believe it was called MOtel Max) so, no, no accessing other hotels' computers.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth ravenrose View Post
      I'm a concierge, so I use Google maps almost every day. I've found them to be pretty reliable, except that it insistson putting a u-turn in every direction! It seems to hate to tell people to make a left turn, lol.
      I wish you could tell the computer to go through shopping center parking lots! The easiest way to get to the closest Bank of America is to go through a grocery store parking lot, but google maps always makes you drive three blocks out of the way, take a U-turn and drive back south three blocks. Oy.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
      X