This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another adventure at Walgreen's!

It's the cold season now, which means many of us are having to visit the local pharmacy to get something to nurse that cold, headache, etc.

The other day, as I was heading home from work, I stopped off at Walgreen's for some Robitussin. I figured it would be a quick visit; go inside, get my medicine, pay for it, then leave. Nope, it could not work out like that. This oldie goldie woman was up there buying her groceries (not sure why she couldn't go to Publix), and after she had swiped her ATM card, she was slowly loading her stuff into a shopping cart, going through her bag, digging around inside the bags, loading the next bag, digging inside that bag......it goes on where she did this with five bags. Meanwhile, the debit machine was asking her if her amount was OK, to which she looks at it and says, "Well, young lady, I can't tell because I haven't seen the receipt yet." It was explained that the receipt would not be available until she checked out.

So, old lady pressed "OK" on the debit machine, and it was my turn after she was given that valuable receipt. The cashier took my order, I paid for my medicine, then got my change. Meanwhile, old lady was standing right in front of me, not moving since she was given her receipt, carefully scrutinized the receipt and fingering each item on the list, then spoke up and said, "Young lady, that Joy liquid was eighty-nine cents, and it shows I was charged ninety-six!" Ugh! Now, I had paid for my medicine, got my change, but my medicine was at the bagging area, where this old bag was standing while scrutinizing her receipt and arguing with the cashier. I finally had to tell this old bag, "Excuse me, can I get my bag please?" And, I got this look from her, like I was the one being rude to her!

All this over seven freaking cents!

ugh, I hate that! Or, "Ma'am, our check printer will print everything on the check for you."

"No, it's OK, I"ll fill it out myself."

AGH AGH AGH AGH AGH
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I was behind one of those guys at the car dealer when I went to pay my repair bill and pick up my car.

While he was scanning his receipt like a map to lost treasure, the cashier and I cheerfully conducted my transaction over his right shoulder.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        ugh, I hate that! Or, "Ma'am, our check printer will print everything on the check for you."

"No, it's OK, I"ll fill it out myself."

AGH AGH AGH AGH AGH
        Oh, I hate that, too! People like this really need to stay at home, or simply use cash for everything.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          Oh, I hate that, too! People like this really need to stay at home, or simply use cash for everything.
          Then they must find a pen and spend what seems like 5 minutes writing out the check, asking for the date, then who to write it to, etc when the check printer could have done it in 2 seconds.

Comment

Ehh, I believe it. I had one lady gripe at me because I forgot to give her a senior discount on a sausage biscuit (even though she didn't ask..) Her savings would have been a whopping nine cents.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
              This oldie goldie woman was up there buying her groceries (not sure why she couldn't go to Publix)
              Could be a phobia. The american folk singer, Townes Van Zandt never went to the grocery store to do his shopping. If the 7-11 or Circle K didn't sell it, he didn't buy it, and from what I know of him, he was phobic about going to a grocery store.

Of course Townes also died fairly young due to massive substance abuse problems.
              Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Working...
              X