This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The psychotic misogynist

Today, I had a strange SC. Strange cuz he wasn't showing any sign of SCness while I served him; he showed that later on when he rung up the Customer Services department and shouted obscenities down the phone to one of my collegues. Let's call her Katie.

Katie, understandably, was very shocked and upset at being called a whore, bitch and c word by this SC; he also dropped the f bomb every five seconds. Eventually, Katie managed to sift thru the flood of swears to find the reason he was ringing up. Apparently, I'd served him earlier and had told him that he had to spend over £10 to get a refund on his parking. He thought I was looking at him in a spiteful manner; I in fact was looking at him with the same neutrallity I treat all customers with. The reason he was mad was, I suspect, cuz a WOMAN dared to say no to him! How dare she?

My opinion when told of this SC, who I could barely even remember, was that he was at best someone who needed to book a session with a therapist, and at worse someone with a severe personality disorder who could end up hurting someone. I told my supervisor a toned down version; he agreed with me, saying that I needn't worry about any followups cuz he personally thought that anyone showing such hatred of women could not be taken seriously at all.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Huh.

See, the worst I get is, 'I thought girls were scared of bugs'.
    (I darkly suspect my boss, being a female researcher with her own lab, bears the brunt of the misogyny directed towards women in science)

I hope the Katie from your story had a better day after the visit from this goat-tupping, weasel-biter.

Comment

'I thought girls were scared of bugs'

All the girls I know are ... so, empiral evidence leads me to that conclusion.

Then again, I live in the Philippines right now and we get some serious bugs. Horror movie caliber cockroaches, rhino beetles (they are HARD to crunch), etc.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        'I thought girls were scared of bugs'

All the girls I know are ... so, empiral evidence leads me to that conclusion.

Then again, I live in the Philippines right now and we get some serious bugs. Horror movie caliber cockroaches, rhino beetles (they are HARD to crunch), etc.
        See, I lived in Thailand for nearly a year. I was the one my friends (both male and female) called on to remove the bugs and spiders from their rooms.

And I must say tropical insects are rather tasty...*chomp*

Comment

Quoth Igorina View Post
          See, I lived in Thailand for nearly a year. I was the one my friends (both male and female) called on to remove the bugs and spiders from their rooms.
          I've never lived in Thailand, but between my 6'5", 200-lb brother, and a former roommate dubbed my "angry Mexican," I've ALWAYS had to be the bug/spider killer, no matter whom I've lived with.

And just so I don't veer this any further OT - I think LNS must be right - dude must have had some underlying psych stuff going on to turn out such a fracking rampage on a poor innocent bystander type about something so completely silly. A tad worrisome, but hopefully the fact he did it over the phone means he's less likely to do anything confrontational in person.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Forgive my shock, but wouldn't Katie have had the right to hang up on thiis person after being called all those awful obscenities?

Mental illness or no, I don't think anyone should have to assist a person who is behaving that way, unless there is some immediate risk of danger to himself (the caller) or another person.

Just my .02 cents.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

The way I heard it, she was in far too much shock to do that; sort of like frozen in horror. She was actually in tears after she finally was able to hang up on the psycho; I felt really bad for her, cuz it was one of my customers, even tho I hadn't done anything to him.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

i'm guessing that may be part of the reason he used the phone: shock value. add in that he's a coward with issues and the picture is complete: total asshat.

there is no way to please those spoiling for a fight, they'll make one up if they have to in order to get what they want.

i say give it to them *grabs a bat.*
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I actually had a very similar situation at wendys once...guy wasn't the best customer i'd ever had, but the instant my female manager came on the line the floodgates opened and we were met with a barrage of curses. I think I may have posted this story already (don't have time to look it up atm) but know the feeling. there's really nothing you can do about that kind of person.
                  Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                  --Unknown

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

Forgive my shock, but wouldn't Katie have had the right to hang up on thiis person after being called all those awful obscenities?

Mental illness or no, I don't think anyone should have to assist a person who is behaving that way, unless there is some immediate risk of danger to himself (the caller) or another person.

Just my .02 cents.
                    Damn you are cheap! .02 cents = $0.0002

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
                      I actually had a very similar situation at wendys once...guy wasn't the best customer i'd ever had, but the instant my female manager came on the line the floodgates opened and we were met with a barrage of curses. I think I may have posted this story already (don't have time to look it up atm) but know the feeling. there's really nothing you can do about that kind of person.
                      Cept you can't help but hope he one day meets a female karate expert...
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        Cept you can't help but hope he one day meets a female karate expert...
                        Maybe he already did, hence the wigging out!
                        Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

I remember a call like this:

"Thanks for calling, how can I help you?"
                          "You're a girl, you can't help me."
                          "....."
                          "Aw come on! I was just joking. Why aren't you laughing?"
                          ".....How can I help you?"

There's a legendary call from a few years ago. A female tech answered a call and he made a few misogynist comments and demanded her sup. The sup was also female so he demanded the manager, who was also female, then demanded the person above her, who was our call center manager and is also female. At that point he just cursed and hung up.

Comment

Working...
                          X