Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds very familiar, can't quite place it...
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Great...another fucking idiot on the road, pardon my French. I wonder what he'd do if oh...ice should form on his driveway. Actually, I'm not sure I even want to think about it
      If he's like some of the idiots down here, call the news media to report it AFTER calling 911 to have the ice arrested for trespassing and attempted assault.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Even if the cops did provide such a service they wouldn't show up with the scrapers till June or so.

Comment

Ick. Poor stupid people, not knowing that when it gets cold water turns to ice. But honestly if you are going to be somewhere that cold learn how the weather is. Personally I have never lived somewhere that having an ice scraper was necessary, but I still know how.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
            -making you waffles

Holy crap! I can get waffles made for me now? Sweet, and to think, before I never had a use for 911.

And on another note, this tale does sound familiar, but I too am having trouble placing it... I think I saw it on one of those collections of stupid 911 calls.

Comment

Lazy sonofabytch.
              SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                come now, even my old roommate who moved from virginia (which is about as hot as hell) knew how to scrape ice... I think the OPs caller was just an idiot.
                IMHO, that kind of idiocy is a handicap in itself.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
                  nonono, they call a LEASING agent for help with Coffee. (Right TTAZ?)
                  You beat me to it, Amphrite!
                  "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

me: sir, I can only suggest that you start your car and turn both your rear and front windshield defrosters on. Do you have an ice scraper in your car,sir?
                    sc:i don't know, i don't think so...
                    If he doesn't have an ice scraper, a spatula will do in a pinch. I learned that one by experience with my first car, when I didn't think to buy a scraper.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

That's right guys! Your local police department now provides everyday services!

Things like:
                      -picking up your dog's poo
                      -starting your car when it's cold out
                      -making you waffles
                      -and best of all!! wiping your a$$ with our bare hands!
                      I'll take the "starting your car when it is cold outside!" kthksbye. Waffles would be good, too.

Comment

Wow. I live in Houston, and we know how to scrape ice off cars. We only have to do it maybe one day a year.
                        MySpace

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                          Probably from somewhere around hell, I hear it's pretty warm there.
                          That's not the way I hear it.

:looking shifty:
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            If he doesn't have an ice scraper, a spatula will do in a pinch. I learned that one by experience with my first car, when I didn't think to buy a scraper.
                            Or grab a passing Mormon missionary. Those little black nametags they wear? Yeah. I was walking to school one morning and saw a pair of missionaries scraping windshield frost with their nametags.
                            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                            - IPF

Comment

That's right guys! Your local police department now provides everyday services!

Things like:
                              -picking up your dog's poo
                              -starting your car when it's cold out
                              -making you waffles
                              -and best of all!! wiping your a$$ with our bare hands!

Is this service free? Oh what I already pay you......please don't arrest me

Seriously, ice scrapers are your best friend. Along with cardboard to cover the windshields. Not promising that your windshield wont be wet, but it still helps in a way. Especially when it is truly freezing but not snowing. Had to do more than once, when it was truly freezing out.
                              Last edited by powerboy; 03-18-2008, 05:10 AM.
                              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I'm a new poster here, but I wanted to second the original post in this thread: I used to be a firefighter, and I have to say that police, fire, and medical services really do get called out for some of the most ridiculous things ever. Some of the reasons I've been called out:

Generally feeling down
                                Headache, has no Tylenol
                                Stubbed toe
                                Upset stomach (to clarify, this person literally just wanted a ride to the hospital in the ambulance, because they had $400 to spend)
                                Needs company

It really makes me wonder what it takes for emergency call centers to turn calls AWAY.

~ Chris
                                Her: "Your face is stupid."
                                Me: "Your FACE'S face is stupid!"
                                Uttered on November 22, 2007, this is widely considered to be the
                                best. comeback.
                                FOREVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X