This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tee View Post
    He'll never be retired in my imagination. :P He's far to awesome for that.
    Yes, far too awesome. But I'm not gonna tell what he does in my imagination.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

plaid pink flannel pants.

Please, tell me - they don't look a bit like camo, I hope.

Please God, Nooooo!

Also:

Tee? Only two level 70s?

Noob.

Comment

I would vote not camoesque.

Also, I got them on sale for six dollars, no tax and the only cost of shipping was calories from pedaling my bicycle.
        "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post

I wish there were female action hero's who weren't Lara Croft rip-offs
          Looks at pictures on his walls:

Buffy
          Nikita (Peta Wilson)
          Nikita (Anne Parillaud)

Also:
          Sarah Connor
          Ripley
          The Bionic Woman
          Sydney Bristow
          Mrs Smith (from Mr & Mrs Smith)
          The Bride (from Kill Bill)
          Samantha (Charly) Caine from The Long Kiss Goodnight.
          Elektra

And watch out for:
          Wanted
          White Out
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

(In best beavis and butthead voice

HeHeHeHeHe...Tee Bagger...Still funny!

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
              Tee? Only two level 70s?

Noob.
              Yeah, school and job/job-searching prohibit more, but I quit on trying to raid (Took me enough time to do that XD ), and am leveling a boomkin, a tankadin, a resto shammy, and another hunter to use as my grinder/farmer/pvp character.

Quoth cinema guy View Post
              Looks at pictures on his walls:

Buffy
              Nikita (Peta Wilson)
              Nikita (Anne Parillaud)

Also:
              Sarah Connor
              Ripley
              The Bionic Woman
              Sydney Bristow
              Mrs Smith (from Mr & Mrs Smith)
              The Bride (from Kill Bill)
              Samantha (Charly) Caine from The Long Kiss Goodnight.
              Elektra
              I should have specified what I meant, I'm tired of female action hero's being the following in this order:

1) Sexy
              2) Profit
              3) Action hero

So yes, Buffy counts, and counts well. Sarah Conner does as well. Ripley, I'm afraid I only saw on of those movies, but she did well. I think I'll count Mrs. Smith, and The Bride certainly does count.

Elektra doesn't, though it was a decent movie... be better if they had a sequel.

(Haven't seen Nikita, bionic woman or the other 2 I didn't mention)

I overgeneralized, sorry bout that, Hollywood has kinda blocked all the good ones from my memory with the bad ones (Ultraviolet, *Shudder*).

Yes, far too awesome. But I'm not gonna tell what he does in my imagination.

^-.-^
              My Brain thanks you.
              I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
              In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
                I should have specified what I meant, I'm tired of female action hero's being the following in this order:

1) Sexy
                2) Profit
                3) Action hero
                I'm not sure what you mean by profit. I'm guessing movies/characters created purely to make money off a licence or franchise such as Tomb Raider or Resident Evil.

Elektra doesn't, though it was a decent movie... .
                I thought the movie was lame. The character was far better in Daredevil (and the comics).

(Haven't seen Nikita, bionic woman or the other 2 I didn't mention)
                I really recommend the Nikita movie (La Femme Nikita in the US), it is fantastic. And miles better than the US remake (Assassin or Point of No Return).

Bionic Woman has only started over here, and so far its okay, but not great. There is a nice line in the pilot where a little girl sees the Bionic Woman running as fast as a car and tells her mother. Her mother tells her not to lie. The girl says, "I just thought it was cool a girl could do that."

I overgeneralized, sorry bout that,
                No problem. It's a subject close to my heart (boy am I sad! ).
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Hawkguy View Post
                  HeHeHeHeHe...Tee Bagger...Still funny!
                  Dude how did I not catch this???

And hey thats rule number one for action movie stars not just the females. They have to be sexy!
                  Who wants to watch an action movie staring Rosanne or gabriel iglesias???? Seriously funny comics but action stars...wouldnt bother watching. I mean what would it be called??? Hot and fluffy?!?!?!

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
                    Elektra doesn't, though it was a decent movie... be better if they had a sequel.
                    It was fine movie until they decided to call it Elektra and tie it to the comic character.

Elektra Made the mistake that Frank Miller (her creator and origional writer) says all writers make with her. She's not a nice person. Elektra is a villian. She was always meant to be. That's why she was the great love Daredevil couldn't have. They would always be on opposite sides of personnal morality. This is why so many people didn't like it. It would be like having a Harry Potter movie where his mother was still alive and he lived at home with her. You couldn't watch it without screaming B***S*** at the screen.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Similar to Catwoman. She was originally written as three things:

1.) A possible on/off forbidden romantic angle.
                      2.) A striking counterpoint to all of the other villains - as originally written, she would never kill or even unduly harm anyone in the commission of her crimes. This was intended as a stark contrast to the likes of The Joker and other planned members of Batman's lineup of villains.

#1 even goes so far to the point that in one of the other DC worlds (Earth 2, pre-Crisis), Catwoman and Batman had retired, gotten married, and had a kid (who ended up becoming The Huntress, when her mom got killed later on).

Unfortunately, some of the later writers ignored some of her canon, and she has been written as a murderess in several instances, especially during the horrid period between Crisis and Zero Hour, where she was given a particularly rough treatment by the writers, being depicted as a prostitute and murderess.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                        I'm not sure what you mean by profit. I'm guessing movies/characters created purely to make money off a licence or franchise such as Tomb Raider or Resident Evil.
                        I really recommend the Nikita movie (La Femme Nikita in the US), it is fantastic. And miles better than the US remake (Assassin or Point of No Return).
                        Pretty much. I'll check on that movie.

I think River was pretty good in serenity, need to check the series out.

Quoth iviles View Post
                        Dude how did I not catch this???
                        I might just change my title, don't want to get in trouble. :X

Haven't yet, cause I don't know if it's a big enough deal.

Quoth iviles View Post
                        And hey thats rule number one for action movie stars not just the females. They have to be sexy!
                        Who wants to watch an action movie staring Rosanne or gabriel iglesias???? Seriously funny comics but action stars...wouldnt bother watching. I mean what would it be called??? Hot and fluffy?!?!?!
                        Well, in the last Die Hard (Or live free), I don't think Bruce Willis was that high on the "Sexy" scale when he did it, and the movie kicked ASS.

I think we may have jacked this thread.
                        I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                        In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post

I think we may have jacked this thread.
                          ive noticed. but its ok! as long as you are enjoying yourselves!

Comment

Ok, I have to step in here. While I never got into the games, Alice in Resident Evil; Apocalypse is my favorite female action hero of all time! I'm sorry, but a Russian chick with super strength, speed, agility, lots of guns, decked out in vinyl and red hair? (redheads completely kick my ass) What's not to love? that and I'm a fan of rediculous action movies, they need to make a sequel to "Shoot Em Up".
                            I was done with elektra in the first half hour, that movie lost all credability when she decided she could't go through with the contract because he was a nice guy . Don't worry, that's not even a spoiler with that movie, it's a warning to anyone who respects source material! I know I'm being a hypocrite since I never played much resident evil, but the movie was OK as a standalone. Jennifer Garner just wasn't believeable as elektra, they would have been better off if the kept the feel of daredevil.
                            "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Wow, I'm impressed and somewhat surprised that you caught him. You're right though, chasing down a shoplifter can be very dangerous. Once you've left your turf (the store) you're at the mercy of anyone else around.

Quoth Bagga View Post
                              Tee? Only two level 70s?

Noob.
                              Heh, not all of us have tons of time to play, or the desire to grind for hours on end. I've been playing off and on since release and only have 1 level 61...

Of course, I keep going back and starting new characters...

Eric the Grey
                              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                                Heh, not all of us have tons of time to play, or the desire to grind for hours on end. I've been playing off and on since release and only have 1 level 61...

Of course, I keep going back and starting new characters...
                                I have 1 60.... 'cause I keep getting distracted and doing other things and when I go back, I almost always start over with new characters. This time (less than a month in) I've got one up to 27, and 5 more in the teens.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X