This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell did he hear?

Just a quickie from last night. So, the bar was closed and we were cleaning up and asking people to leave. A man enters and proceeds to ask each and every member of staff if we are still open, only to be greeted with "No" each time.

He walked up to me as I was cleaning a table.

SC: Excuse me, are you still serving?
    Me: No I'm afraid not, we're closed.
    SC: That's great! A pint of Fosters sounds wonderful!
    Me:

What? I mean...what?? I walked away from him without another word. He lingered around for a bit, presumably waiting for that pint, and eventually left.

I believe he was attempting to perform a Jedi mind trick. Unfortunately for him, he is not a Jedi and you are not stupid.

Comment

I get that all the time at the pizza place. it usually occurs after we close too.

after close we are still required to answer the phones by saying "Thank you for calling xxxx Pizza place. sorry we are closed at this time."

you would not belive how many people just launch into ordering or just keep asking why are you closed or so you are closed or "If I give you guys a $100 will you PLEEEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEEE make me a pizza???????

Sorry asshole I want to go home and relax not go on a killing spree (well I do with a good FPS damn I wish I could get Quake to work on Vista)
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        Just a quickie from last night. So, the bar was closed and we were cleaning up and asking people to leave. A man enters and proceeds to ask each and every member of staff if we are still open, only to be greeted with "No" each time.

He walked up to me as I was cleaning a table.

SC: Excuse me, are you still serving?
        Me: No I'm afraid not, we're closed.
        SC: That's great! A pint of Fosters sounds wonderful!
        Me:

What? I mean...what?? I walked away from him without another word. He lingered around for a bit, presumably waiting for that pint, and eventually left.
        I'd have replied "Yeah, it does, pity you aren't getting one since the bar is closed."
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

It's an old SC Jedi mind trick.

Sad to say that is is surprisingly effective.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
            I believe he was attempting to perform a Jedi mind trick. Unfortunately for him, he is not a Jedi and you are not stupid.
            "You can move along. This is not the bar you are looking for".
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
              "You can move along. This is not the bar you are looking for".
              At least he didn't try to trick him into not showing his ID.

Ahhh.....god I'm a dork. >__<
              Some people are like slinkies,
              They don't really serve a purpose,
              But they still bring a smile to your face
              When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                I get that all the time at the pizza place. it usually occurs after we close too.

after close we are still required to answer the phones by saying "Thank you for calling xxxx Pizza place. sorry we are closed at this time."

you would not belive how many people just launch into ordering or just keep asking why are you closed or so you are closed or "If I give you guys a $100 will you PLEEEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEEE make me a pizza???????
                I had that EXACT same thing happen to me at a pizza place! Same closing phone greeting and everything (except I sometimes said "this evening" instead of "this time"). Person even offered a hundred for me to stay open for a pizza.

Comment

I have a friend who wants to walk in to a busy restaurant in full Jedi robes and do that ("There is a taaable by the window. I haaave a reservation.")
                  Obviously he'd get the host in on it ahead of time. I want to set up a couple of cameras where they'll have a good view of the crowd reaction.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

You should have said, "Of course sir, I'll get it right away!"

Then he would have replied, "Oh. Okay. Sorry to bother you."

And left.

Comment

Working...
                    X