This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I work hard for my money!!"

Forgot about this "lady" last night, and I use the word lady lightly.

So, SC orders a double bacardi and coke. I serve her it. She takes a sip.

SC: There's no bacardi in this.

OK, she WATCHED me make it. I poured the bacardi in right in front of her face.

Me: Yes there is. You watched me make it. I had to open a new bottle to make it.
    SC: There is NO bacardi in this!
    Me: There is.
    SC: Look, I am a HEAVY drinker, and I KNOW what bacardi tastes like.

Geez, she was willing to admit she was a heavy drinker.

Me: And I know there is bacardi in that.
    SC: I want my money back for this, and a new drink.
    Me: No, because I know there is bacardi in there.
    SC: Can I speak to someone higher than you?
    Me: I am the manager tonight.
    SC: Well, shouldn't you know how to make a drink?
    Me: Yes, I do know how to make a drink.
    SC: I work hard for my money you know! Unlike you!

Oh no she didn't just say that. I dumped a straw in her drink. I stirred it.

Me: Now taste it. Can you taste bacardi?
    SC: *sheepishly* Yes.
    Me: There you go.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

Oh no she didn't just say that. I dumped a straw in her drink. I stirred it.

Ha! Owned!

Comment

Good one! I love it when the sucky ones get a side dish of crow!

Comment

Gotta love the general public.

Well. Maybe not.

There's a chap who goes to the local burger bar (which also serves coffee) and he orders a cappucino with SIX sugars.

Thats right ladies and gentleman this walking advert for type II has six sugars with every coffee.

Everytime he goes in the staff make it directly in front of him else he says 'theres no sugar in this'.

Maybe its because he is so used to sugar he can no longer taste it?
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

When I worked at the cafe, we offered our customers raw sugar, as well as sugar-free sweeteners and regular white refined sugar. The raw sugar was popular, but it takes forever to dissolve. So people would just dump more and more into their mugs, getting angrier and angrier because it didn't sweeten their coffee.

Eventually the sugar would dissolve, and their coffee would become sickeningly sweet. So they'd try to return it. If it was regular coffee, I'd get them a new one. But for cappuccinos and lattes, they were out of luck. I'm not the impatient one who dumped all that bloody sugar in there.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

So you better treat her right!

Gotta love it when somebody comes right out and basically tells you they're an alcoholic.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post

Well. Maybe not.

There's a chap who goes to the local burger bar (which also serves coffee) and he orders a cappucino with SIX sugars.

Thats right ladies and gentleman this walking advert for type II has six sugars with every coffee.

Everytime he goes in the staff make it directly in front of him else he says 'theres no sugar in this'.

Haha, that's nothing! My boyfriend orders a large coffee from mcdonalds with 8 creams and 12 sugars. He really should probably stop doing that, but there's no convincing him...
              "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
              "Red."
              "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
              "RED!"
              "..."

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                You rock.

Hardcore.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post

Well. Maybe not.

I was in a Starbucks recently with a friend and a very large gentleman came in and ordered a coffee. He then proceeded to put no less than THIRTY (30!!) packets of sugar (and that's a conservative estimate) into his drink. I almost vomited. Dude, there is reason you weight 350+lbs.

I don't take sugar in my coffee unless it's super bitter

Comment

I quit drinking regular coffee....my teeth are so much whiter now!

I still drink the little frappuccinos you buy at the store from Starbucks and I have one soda pop a day, but I never add MORE sugar to anything. Even when I was a heavy coffee addict, I'd only use two sugar packets and two creamers tops.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post
                      Haha, that's nothing! My boyfriend orders a large coffee from mcdonalds with 8 creams and 12 sugars. He really should probably stop doing that, but there's no convincing him...
                      You're just up the road from me. Do you mind telling me which McDonalds he goes to and when so that I can go and point and laugh at him?
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I got a song stuck in my head, but I don't know what song it is!

"I work hard for the money, so hard for the money.."
                        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
                          I got a song stuck in my head, but I don't know what song it is!

"I work hard for the money, so hard for the money.."
                          "She Works Hard for the Money", by Donna Summers.

Comment

That would be why "I work hard for the money" wasn't coming up with any results!"
                            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

It INFURIATES ME when people berate workers such as yourself because they think we don't work as hard as they do when in most cases we work MUCH HARDER than they do, with less convenient hours, more stress and a ton less money.
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X