This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-11

I noticed, that even though I am American, and the date 9-11 does mean something to me too, that people tell me I shouldn't care about 3-11-11 (Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan)

I love Japan. I go there every year, and studied the language since I was a child. I may not always agree with the politics, but its my second home.
    Its March 11th in Japan now. I was told before that it shouldn't affect me, but I still cried while watching some of the videos.

Am I so silly for it? It affects me. Not like how it does people in the Tohoku region, but in a different way.

May those souls rest in peace.

I dont think its silly at all. Continue your contemplation of events and your love of the country. There isnt a 9/11 that goes by that I dont think about things on a deeper level and how lives have changed b/c of it.

Who tells you that you shouldnt care about other people and their hardships?

Comment

Kaycichu,
      You are a kind and caring person. If all of us thought more like you did, 9-11 may not have happened, but 3-11 still would have.

Those other people are selfish idiots.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

There's never a time when compassion is misplaced.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          There's never a time when compassion is misplaced.
          This. To argue that you shouldn't care about a tragedy in another country is insensitive at best.

Comment

If you are odd, so am I. Even though it was quite some time ago (1986) and I was only 12..I still think about Chernobyl. Caring about other people and their hardships is a good thing, don't let anybody tell you any different.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

There's nothing silly about caring for others. Be it 9/11, 3/11 12/7 or any other day where tragedy strikes.

And in Japan... the tragedy was so important, even their organized crime (the infamous Yakuza) was coming out to offer aid to the victims.

Thank you for reminding me that today is the anniversary of the tragedy.

Comment

Working...
              X