Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Christmas Card Exchange - Tallies are closed. Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got Monica's card today!

I just need to acquire postage and mine will be in the mail soon. Just got done making all the bookmarks I'm sending out with 'em.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• I haven't gotten any yet

mine will be going out next week probably, I'm in the crunch time for finals.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• First card Wed. 11/19 from morgana.
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

• Quoth ParkingWitch View Post
          First card Wed. 11/19 from morgana.
          But....my calendar stops at Month 12
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Got my first card from Morgana. Thank you!
            "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

• We got our first card...from Morgana!!!

Comment

• I got Monica's and Morgana's today. Though the postman apparently liked Monuca's as it came with the envelope ripped in two and the card setting outside the remains of the envelope.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• My cards are printing now... should be sent out within a week.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Received cards from Monica and Morgana today
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

• Have a card from Morgana.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• I just realized for Denmark and Czechland,there's a None as part of the addresses,which someone has obviously done in a filter and in the gap for state put 'None'
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          I just realized for Denmark and Czechland,there's a None as part of the addresses,which someone has obviously done in a filter and in the gap for state put 'None'
                          Interesting...it appears to be only in the pdf; I can see the whole list when I log into the signup tool and it does not have the word None in either of their addresses. (I actually did my labels by putting that list into excel and then pasting them into the label template, so I didn't notice it.)

I left a note for Peds to take a look at it for next year..
                          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-23-2014, 10:22 PM.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Should we delete the word "None" from those addresses?
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Got one from Monica

Please keep in mind that my receipts of cards may be a day or two behind -- I live with family -- same property, different building -- and at least one of them feels the need to "filter" my incoming mail (all the same box), despite requests not to do this...I can throw away my own junk mail and bills, TYVM This has extended even to a magazine I used to subscribe to, as well as communications from clinics, my student loan refurbishment program, and others I really do wanna hear from (even if they're just bills). I'm fairly certain some of my incoming cards ended up "filtered" because of this (or just opened, as most of the bills I get seem to be) -- they MEAN well, I just wish they'd knock it the hell off. Seriously considering getting a PO Box instead.

I warned them both about the card exchange -- while that doesn't necessarily mean I'll get cards the day they arrive, it should mean that I actually get all of them *crosses fingers*
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                                and at least one of them feels the need to "filter" my incoming mail (all the same box),

Jeez, my mother won't even throw shit away that shows up at their house even after I told her she can (a catalog I still get there and don't particularly want).

Sounds like a firmer "request" is in order. I can't imagine throwing out mail that has someone else's name on it (except for the obvious junk mail that still comes with the previous owner's name on it...I seem to have stopped getting real mail for her).
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X