Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally redefining UNREASONABLE (longish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
    I would simply have said

"Ma'am we are willing to do anything reasonable to correct our error. Sending one of our employees out to your house to do so is totally unreasonable so therefore you may either download the required updates, bring your system into us or take your busiess elsewhere. Thank you and have a good day."
    Thing is, though, it wasn't the store's (or anyone's) error! It was clearly labeled on the box and she just didn't want to take 10 minutes and follow directions.

I've had plenty of stuff left out of bags over the years, and a certain percentage of those people weren't too happy about it, but I've never had someone expect me to deliver it to their house! I did deliver a book once, but it was to a homebound elderly woman who called in shortly before Christmas and needed it the next day. We had ordered it for home delivery with free shipping, but it probably wouldn't be there the next day. Since we did have it in the store, I decided to be nice and deliver it to her, and cancelled the order. No one answered the door, though, so I left it in the mailbox. Never heard back from her, that I know of, so I can only assume she got it...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sounds like she shouldn't even own a computer in the first place. She probably didn't even know how to connect to the internet and download the correct updates (or let's just say she doesn't have an internet connection) and instead of admitting it, she makes demands instead. Although, if she would have read the box, she could have probably asked the appropriate questions . . .
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I wonder if this was the same woman who asked if my pharmacy was going to deliver her medicine to her house because it wasn't ready on time (it wasn't ready because the doctor miswrote it and we were waiting for a callback. Not the fault of the pharmacy, by any means).
        I asked if she wanted to wait up for me, as I didn't get off work until 11:30 (it was about 3 or 4 in the afternoon). Instant CBF.
        After we got the script fixed, dispensed, sold and counselled, the woman proceeded to totally not comprehend the directions printed on the bottle and spoken to her by the pharmacist, and doubled the freaking dose given to her child, and then tried to blame us again when she ran out before the 10 day course of antibiotic was done.

Comment

To quote a former coworker: "Some customers think you should personally go to their home to wipe their a$$"
          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
            I wonder if this was the same woman who asked if my pharmacy was going to deliver her medicine to her house because it wasn't ready on time (it wasn't ready because the doctor miswrote it and we were waiting for a callback. Not the fault of the pharmacy, by any means).
            I asked if she wanted to wait up for me, as I didn't get off work until 11:30 (it was about 3 or 4 in the afternoon). Instant CBF.
            After we got the script fixed, dispensed, sold and counselled, the woman proceeded to totally not comprehend the directions printed on the bottle and spoken to her by the pharmacist, and doubled the freaking dose given to her child, and then tried to blame us again when she ran out before the 10 day course of antibiotic was done.
            There goes your complaint-free week! I'm telling your CEO!
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Holy crickey! This is just freakin' unbelievable. She'll get that kind of service when I see this...
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                There goes your complaint-free week! I'm telling your CEO!
                I know, I'm such a baaaad employee
                The sad thing is, I HAVE delivered people's scripts to them before, but it's been to people who are really nice, and for whatever reason, they're up poop creek without a paddle, and can't get to the store or have anyone who can make a run for them.

I'm more than happy to help a person out, but ya kinda have to EARN it by being reasonable to me, ya know?

Comment

Bub, the Year-Old-Software Returner, actually damanded that we send someone out to fix the issue he refused to diagnose over the phone.

It didn't matter that we are located 3000 miles from him. We needed to fly someone out.

We didn't dignify that demand with any response at all. We merely answered the other points in the email, because sometimes it's best for everyone to maintain the polite fiction that the customer isn't completely insane.

It's just one the niceties we do for people.
                  Last edited by Dips; 05-24-2007, 05:50 PM.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X