Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, if it werent for the phones, i'd almost enjoy my job. Ah who am i kidding, i hate my job.

There is a lady at a local company that calls at 4:30 on friday afternoons to book rooms for about 10-15 clients for the next week. Usually i'm really busy with other things by this time and i always suggest she call earlier during the day or, hey, even fax the list to us, but she insists on staying on hold. And then she gets mad at me for keeping her on hold for so long.

Comment

I'd get that a lot.

SC: I need to speak to the store manager!
      Luna: I'm the Assistant Manager - what can I do for you?
      SC: I said the STORE manager!
      If the person was an asshole, I'd give them to the SM b/c I didn't like her anyway. But then I get yelled at b/c they just want to know the store hours, or if their order came in yet. You can't win.
      If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Plenty of the clientele at my current job couldn't grasp the facts that 1) we have no voicemail system and 2) our salesman wasn't always available, for example at a scheduled appointment with a client, where he wouldn't usually answer his cell phone anyway.

All I ended up doing was re-iterating that he was not immediately available to take the call, and whoever was calling often gave an audible *huff* *sigh* before relenting and leaving call-back information.

Comment

I'm the office manager where I work, and my two pet peeves are:

People who refuse to talk to anyone besides me (when any csr could help them out)

People who refuse to talk to me when I'm the only one who could help them out, and just yell at the CSRs.
          There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
            There is a lady at a local company that calls at 4:30 on friday afternoons to book rooms for about 10-15 clients for the next week. Usually i'm really busy with other things by this time and i always suggest she call earlier during the day or, hey, even fax the list to us, but she insists on staying on hold. And then she gets mad at me for keeping her on hold for so long.
            It may not be the lady's fault that she always calls at the last minute. My boss does that to me (or anyone else that gets stuck with being his assistant) all the time.

However, she's a jerk for not being understanding about hold times.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth upsidedown_orchid View Post
              People who refuse to talk to anyone besides me (when any csr could help them out)
              I get this ALL the time. I know I'm awesome, but seriously, anyone here can pull up your repair and get you status.

Also, as I'm sure I've mentioned, I now work 2nd shift. From about 5/6pm until midnight, I am my own supervisor. If something is an absolute emergency and I don't know what to do and can't make something up working with my remaining coworkers, I can page someone out, but it takes time, and they're usually grouchy about it.

I will never understand why our customers cannot tell the difference between an emergency (a 911 system being down) and a non-emergency (one portable radio not working--this is why you have spares!), and why techs think that our portable radio tech support guys would be here at 10pm.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
              X