Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was one of those "spoiled brat" college kids who had her parents help her through college (I got scholarships for half, they paid the other half) but I'm thankful for what they did and it ended after 4 years, which was (thankfully) when I graduated. I loved (and still love) to shop in thrift stores, even now that I work a good-paying full time job. I love all the crazy stuff you can find there (I've got all sorts of odd clothing, including a black and red square dance dress that looks vaguely and awesomely goth, that I've gotten, along with a lot of knick knacks).

My biggest pet peeve, and the reason I feel for the employees, is the same thing I hate about Walmart (at least in IL and MI)--all the rude, stinky, entitled white trash taking up space.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I wasn't jabbing at people whose parents helped them through college, I was jabbing at the real spoiled brats whose parents paid for all of their college and still bought all of their (designer) clothes and bought them new cars when they'd continually total their other ones. Consider them the "trust fund babies" of where I live, even though we don't really have billionaires around here.

Just to clear that up, I was jabbing at college kids like my roomate.

But I definetly agree with Wal-Mart and the sentiments you feel. Nothing worse than an entire store wreeking of BO and dirty parents and even dirtier children running amock and causing nothing but trouble for the poor associates. I think if Seinfeld was still on TV, they'd re-invent the BO episode and base it off something at Wal-Mart. I can picture the expression on Elaine's face after walking past the family with daddy with a mullet...
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
        Anymore the only chain thrift stores I can stand are Salvation Army and St. Vincent de Paul. I don't dare set foot in a Goodwill again.

And yes, I do feel for thrift store workers, they have to put up with a lot of shit. In my area, its like we are predominantly white trash, and that equates to no hygiene or manners. I've had words with a fair share while kids' clothes shopping, just because they were trashing the place or harassing the workers.

Where are you from? Sounds like you might live in my area.

Comment

Since my own story about Thrift stores is a BIT large (frikken HUGE) and it's not exactly 100% on topic, I'll post it in Off Topic and send the link..

Here is the story that I'm going to hell for...

Comment

Working...
          X