This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFE!

i had the joy yesterday of watching two toddlers who were no more than two years old run wild through the store. the little girl had sandals, and those feet arent quite ready for that so she would fall every three or four steps. i was in bargain, as usual, and watched her fall and slide a good three feet before she was stopped by a parked bargain fixture. i know it sounds bad, but i yelled "SAFE!" in my head. i was giggling slightly as i helped her up. she was fine, but management had to tell the kids to stop running five times.

where were the parents? shopping for books, what else?
    Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

The parents were outside smoking or having a quickie in the car.......or worse, the mother was "servicing" men on the corner.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oops. No parents in sight means a quick call to CPS.

Perhaps after that they will be less inclined to treat retail centers as free child care services.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The store should have called over the PA system, for the parents to come get their children.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Oops. No parents in sight means a quick call to CPS.
          Crown Prosecution Service? why would they want to take care of unruley children
          "My experience has taught me one thing. A shaved cat is much angrier than an unshaved cat."
          Chester Holiday Apartment

Comment

Alephcat, if the parents carry on being that disinterested in their children's welfare, I am sure our CPS will end up being involved someday

The problem with recommending that people call CPS everytime they see a child alone in the store is that by the time CPS or the police arrive, the parents have usually scooped up their child and left, or are plainly "there but unaware" - result, your store gets a rep as a "problem store" for CPS.

It would be nice if we could just clonk these unaware parents round the head with a big stick, and hand them a flyer with the numbers of children who go missing every year after their parents "just looked away for a minute".
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

One really good thing about the stores in my area is that we are very close to a major interstate highway. So we are justified in telling parents to keep a tighter reign on their kids. If they balk at us telling them to do their jobs as parents, all we have to do is remind them of how easy it is for someone to snatch their kid up and be on their way out of the state before we even know the kid is missing.
              A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
              X