This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lost Chapter

As you may have (probably not) noticed I have been suspiciously absent. Mainly due to the Festering Death Plague(tm). I came down with the flu and lost my voice last week at work. I ended up having to call in sick for half my work week ( Argh...I call in sick like once a year to begin with and never more then one day in a row. I hang my head in defeat ). Thus there was not much to post and I was laying on the couch making a funny gurgling noise anyway.

But here are the handful of lost entries from last week... -.-

Skreeee~
    ( This is an emergency glass company that fixes windows on homes/businesses if you get broken into at 4am. What they do is very obvious from the company name ).

SC: "Is this a glass place?"
    Me: "Yes."
    SC: "I was pouring myself like a glass of coke."
    Me: "…ok…"
    SC: "and I guess I squeezed the glass to hard or something cus it broke. Can you fix it?"

If I wasn't coughing so much I'd spit a wad of gooey venom in your face like that little dinosaur from Jurassic Park. Then I would shriek and bite you in the face.

Me: "Ok, and what's your name?"
    SC: "Wha?"
    Me: "Your name, please"
    (At this point she tags out to some other nitwit who picks up the line)
    SC: "Huh?"
    Me: "Your name?"
    SC: "……"

A moment later

Me: "You'd like to place an order?"
    SC: "Huh?"

(Nitwit tag out)

Me:"Would you like to place an order?"
    SC: "What are you talking about?"

Tag out, time passes…

Me:"and the product ID?"
    SC: "xxxx-xx"
    Me: "Ok, unfortunately that’s out of stock."
    SC: "Oh, I'll phone back tomorrow then. <click>"

It already IS tomorrow! I'm honestly surprised you gave up after only one item. Are your pants needs finally fulfilled? Did we finally cloth the entire village? Do you actually have all the hats you require to survive the spring? Colour me skeptical, but I think you're hiding something from me. You're up to something aren't you? This is some sort of strange plot or perhaps merely a strategic feint…? Once my guard is down you'll strike and call me back with a demand for like $800 more worth of pants. I'll be buried in pants and pink camo. Then I will be at your cruel, filthy, beer bellied mac & cheese with hot dogs and ketchup mercy.

Hisss

Me: "Did you get a customer id number?"
    SC: "I don't know, did I?"

I don't know, that’s why I asked. You can't just ask me the same question I asked you. That’s not how this works. See, I present you with an inquiry, then you present me with an answer. Then, together, hand in hand through a grassy field of flowers, we move on to the next question. It’s kind of like a trade you see. A sharing of information. So lets just answer the question, move on and get this bleak moment of my life over with as soon as possible.

Kara's Twits

SC: "What are you there for?"
    Me: "Tech support."
    SC: "Wha? Untech Support?"
    Me: "No, Tech Support."
    SC: "Oh."

…Untech Support? What the hell is Untech Support? Providing assistance to people who can't operate primitive devices as opposed to high tech ones? Wait, did you need untech support? Because I guess I'm pretty well versed in untech support too. What is it you need? A walk through on how to tell which is the front of your underwear? Step by step directions for boiling water? Or is it something REALLY complicated like flossing? I assure you I'm highly qualified in all categories.

Me: "Good evening, <company na-"
    SC: "Sorry…..order! COD."

Ah, yes, get right to the point shall we? Who needs those pesky complete sentences. Just give me a verb and a noun and I'll figure it out. In fact break it down even further if you want. I know even 2-3 words is probably still putting some latent mental strain on you. Speak to me in your native language. I'm sure I can figure it out. You know that one you've spoken since birth that's comprised entirely of a series of grunts, huhs and the "fsssh~" sound a can of beer makes when you open it. Yeah, that one. Let us bridge the gap between man and……whatever it is you are….snow ape I guess. Are you with me?

One grunt for yes, one fsssh~ for no.

I now return to my regularly scheduled suffering... >.>

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

…Untech Support? What the hell is Untech Support?
    Yeah, I forgot to mention we hired Bizarro in Tech Support while you were sick. Customers call in to let him know everything is fine and he goes out and smashes a tower in their area or melts their phone with heat vision. It doesn't really do much for the benefit of the customer, but it's fun as hell having him around.

Seriously though, welcome back. Felt like I was out there fighting the battle on my own all week.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Me: "Good evening, <company na-"
      SC: "Sorry…..order! COD."

Ah, yes, get right to the point shall we? Who needs those pesky complete sentences. Just give me a verb and a noun and I'll figure it out.
      Hell, he's not giving you verbs. Or maybe nouns, depending on how he used "order".

Wait! That's the joys of having a living language! It changes over time, and this is a perfect example of a nerb. Or maybe it's a voun.

Comment

and the "fsssh~" sound a can of beer makes when you open it.
        I think my customers at the grocery store make that same can opening sound - like when I ask them for their credit card and picture id..... it takes a second for it to REGISTER what I asked them. Come ON, is this the first time you've used the damned card?!

Glad you're back (and, yes, we noticed)!

*hands you an e-aspirin for future use*
        Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

( This is an emergency glass company that fixes windows on homes/businesses if you get broken into at 4am. What they do is very obvious from the company name ).

SC: "and I guess I squeezed the glass to hard or something cus it broke. Can you fix it?"

Oh, dear. Give him points for trying. My heard hurts now.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If I wasn't coughing so much I'd spit a wad of gooey venom in your face like that little dinosaur from Jurassic Park. Then I would shriek and bite you in the face.
            dammit dammit dammit Will I never learn? That's the second time today - I don't think my keyboard can take any more Coke on it.

Plus, I choked on my cookie.

Comment

As you may have (probably not) noticed I have been suspiciously absent. Mainly due to the Festering Death Plague(tm). I came down with the flu and lost my voice last week at work. I ended up having to call in sick for half my work week ( Argh...I call in sick like once a year to begin with and never more then one day in a row. I hang my head in defeat ). Thus there was not much to post and I was laying on the couch making a funny gurgling noise anyway.
              Ahhh... I had wondered where you had gotten off to.

I was afraid something awful had happened to you.

Well, something more awful even than you having to answer the phone at work, anyway.

There's no FDP in the rpg I just got, so I know it's not my fault.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Skreeee~

Wow did he suddenly inherit super strength and didn't realize it and suddenly learned of his new found "powers" while picking up a glass???

And is that the ONLY glass he has??? Is that the emergency?? No more glasses for his precious coke... you know you could drink out of the can or the bottle.... in fact, if this is a common occurance, you can even get ice cube trays now that make ice cubs in the shape of tubes to stick in your bottles.... it seems glass may be too dangerous for you - perhaps you should try the plastic bottles instead

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
                  it seems glass may be too dangerous for you - perhaps you should try the plastic bottles instead
                  Maybe he should stick to sippy cups...you can drop them and they don't break or spill...and they usually come in convenient 3 packs in the baby aisle...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

As you may have (probably not) noticed I have been suspiciously absent. Mainly due to the Festering Death Plague(tm).
                    I did notice your absence, and I believe I have been suffering from the very same Death Plague. On the plus side, I've had almost enough time to read through the archive of your posts. This must be the silver lining in being sick...

Comment

Being the smartass I am, I would have told him to fix it properly...with duct tape and bailing wire
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Skreeee~

Buddy...do what we all do when we break a glass...

-curse
                        -clean it up
                        -go to Ikea and buy another one (don't forget to have some meatballs while you're at it).

Sorry to hear that you were sick GK. Hope you're feeling better!
                        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          Being the smartass I am, I would have told him to fix it properly...with duct tape and bailing wire
                          A person after my own heart!
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

GK- glad you're feeling better.

I missed your posts...although, I'm sorry you had to deal with these idiots.
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                            X