No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On an unrelated topic, my siblings and I usually exchange Christmas wish lists. I emailed them both before Halloween asking for their lists. Am just getting them now. Good thing it wasn't even later, because I intend to start my purchasing this week so I can get the items on the road by next week.

Now I'm trying to decide what to put on my list. I want very little and need even less.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Now I'm trying to decide what to put on my list. I want very little and need even less.
      Vouchers. Easy to mail, and a promise to yourself that if you're having a couple of bad months financially you can still treat yourself.

Personally I prefer cinema vouchers, Amazon vouchers, Google Play vouchers (for music, not games) and something unique to Brits called All for One vouchers that the Post Office sells. You can use them in literally hundreds of different shops. I used to ask for National Book vouchers, but now that I read most books on my phone or tablet (arthritis and the remnants of carpal tunnel syndrome makes holding books for long periods of time painful) I only buy physical books if I don't have a digital option.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Interesting random fact: My BFF works for a wrestling promotion/school. She handles the emails from people who want more information about attending the school. The country she gets the most interest from is India. The second most emails come from Ghana.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          Interesting random fact: My BFF works for a wrestling promotion/school. She handles the emails from people who want more information about attending the school. The country she gets the most interest from is India. The second most emails come from Ghana.
          Let me guess: They want to prepay for a dozen lessons. But will send you a check for more than the cost, and want you to refund the difference?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• No Nigerian princes who want to be pro wrestlers, it seems. Most of the ones from Ghana apparently mention being inspired by Kofi Kingston, who is Ghanaian-American. Unfortunately there are all kinds of visa issues with taking foreign students.

Comment

No Nigerian princes who want to be pro wrestlers, it seems. Most of the ones from Ghana apparently mention being inspired by Kofi Kingston, who is Ghanaian-American. Unfortunately there are all kinds of visa issues with taking foreign students.
              I knew Kofi was of Ghanaian descent. Only other wrestling-related person I know of of that descent is Prince Nana, who at least used to work as a manager for Ring of Honor. Nana was always fun to watch, and I remember bumping into him leaving an ROH show in Manassas, and him joking that we were going to my house for steak dinner and shrimp cocktails.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• How to know when it is time to trim "the bush;" when pulling down your knickers to go to the loo, your pad gives you an impromptu Brazilian.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Seems like every time I get rid of stuff in the third bedroom, aka the 'storage closet', I end up with a lot more things in it then I originally had in there to begin with. And I haven't put anything in there in months!

If anyone wants Christmas knick-knacks, I've got storage bins of things that I haven't used in the last few years.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                    If anyone wants Christmas knick-knacks, I've got storage bins of things that I haven't used in the last few years.
                    Well, you are on the Christmas Card exchange. Just toss one or two in with each card. VIOLA! They're gone.

Of course we might all send them back to you next year.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Well, you are on the Christmas Card exchange. Just toss one or two in with each card. VIOLA! They're gone.

Of course we might all send them back to you next year.
                      Then I'd send them back the year after that -- it's the gift that keeps on giving!

There's a few things I'd love to get rid of, it's just taking up space in that bedroom -- I'm going to go through that bedroom after the holidays and free up space.
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Old Man Buddy Cat has lymphoma. Vet says 2-4 months, and as long as he is eating and drinking and content, let him be. New house rule: whatever Buddy wants, Buddy gets, from here on out. He follows you into the kitchen whining? Give him a treat. A handful of treats. He's sitting on you for an hour? Don't you dare get up. He's a spoiled old man and I intend to keep it that way.

Comment

Old Man Buddy Cat has lymphoma. Vet says 2-4 months, and as long as he is eating and drinking and content, let him be.
                          I'm so sorry. I thoroughly approve of your new house rules. Let him be the pampered master of all he surveys (even more than usual) for as long as he has left.

Comment

• Catching up on His Dark Materials (son out of town on a field trip Monday night, I swore on a stack of Bibles I wouldn't watch without him!). Lyra's in Bolvangar. This is going to be satisfying to watch.

You burn that shit, baby girl. Burn it to the fucking ground.

Comment

• If Mary gave birth to Jesus, and Jesus is the Lamb of God.... The Mary DID have a little Lamb!
                              My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

• I have seen many wildly differing opinions on The Rise of Skywalker. But no one has answered the really important question.

Are there Porgs?

Comment

Working...
                                X