This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Check-In

We had one tornado touch down in the Fox Valley area. My dad is on the peninusla and I just talked to him. They're fine. I think Green Bay got smacked as hard as we did. I barely made it into Macy's, fighting the wind and looking for a tree to grab onto. These kind of storms are the most terrifying things I've ever experienced, and I've had a gun to my head. I think my power went out briefly and almost killed one of my electronics but it's fine. One of the windows in my car won't go up but the seats were barely wet. I think the angle of the car and direction of wind made sure of that. I was literally pacing the floors in that store. Going on their website and giving management and staff kudos. I could tell they were worried but they held it together.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Glad you're OK. Fingers crossed that everyone else did as well. Glad you're leaving a review; it might counter the idiots who post complaining about the disruption!
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
      it might counter the idiots who post complaining about the disruption!
      <Looks up at title of website>

You KNOW that happened!
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Thanks to the storms, my four-hour shift Saturday night got reduced to two and a half, because that's when power was restored to the plant.

One of the trees between the parking lots got snapped off. A lot of big branches and limbs down around the area.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have been going around town to look and I've seen so many downed or snapped trees that I'm in shock. On the main drag there was a broken or uprooted (can't tell) tree suspended by a power line. It was still there yesterday. I drove down that road today but not far enough to see it. The grocery stores are kind of busy tonight because and people had to toss freezer/refrigerator contents due to power outtages. Plus, a couple of the stores have had no power so people are shopping where they normally wouldn't go, probably. I feel very blessed that my power didn't go out, save for probably a few minutes during the storm. I'm now wondering if apartment residents can have generators on their porches.

Comment

I WORKED Friday night during all of the that part of the storm. Heaviest rain lasted about 2 hours and I GOT SOAKED. The night was then filled with what could be best described as an area wide obstacle course of downed tree branches/trees/downed power lines/other assorted debris/objects blown around by the 60 - 70 MPH winds. AND then there was the road flooding OH JOY Did not get home until after 4am because we got SLAMMED ALL NIGHT LONG. enough homes without power.

For the second part of the storm that passed through around 11amish and noon on Saturday I was at home. My phone started to go off about 10:30 with Flash Flood warnings, Sever Thunderstorm warnings then about 11 11:30 the tornado warnings started. Now usually at this time I am still sleeping but with my phone going off constantly I decided to stay up as is looked the storm was fast moving. I turned on the local TV station's weather channel and they were doing the wall-to-wall coverage. everyone between were Food Lady lives and Irv and north of me were under both a sever weather and tornado warnings and they were advising going into the basement NOW. I looked out my front window as the storm hit. SOME STORM. the high winds tore my set of wind chimes from my front porch overhang (had the chimes screwed tightly into the overhang). storm proceeds to go passed

Sat was ever more obstacle course and more houses without power lolts of closed off streets because of downed trees and power lines.

I believe my almost step daughter is still without power. my house survived -- the most that happened was my potted plants got knocked over.

They are still cleaning up and restoring power. One of our sister stores power just got turned back on on Monday night.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              We had one tornado touch down in the Fox Valley area. My dad is on the peninusla and I just talked to him. They're fine. I think Green Bay got smacked as hard as we did. I barely made it into Macy's, fighting the wind and looking for a tree to grab onto. These kind of storms are the most terrifying things I've ever experienced, and I've had a gun to my head. I think my power went out briefly and almost killed one of my electronics but it's fine. One of the windows in my car won't go up but the seats were barely wet. I think the angle of the car and direction of wind made sure of that. I was literally pacing the floors in that store. Going on their website and giving management and staff kudos. I could tell they were worried but they held it together.
              Did they ever say how strong the tornado was?

Comment

It's crazy how those storms went. Here in central MN, we just got rain, nothing severe at all.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  Did they ever say how strong the tornado was?
                  I just found a newspaper article:

The weather service identified the locations of the four east-central tornadoes as:

New London: An EF1 tornado hit at 11:05 a.m. Saturday in eastern Waupaca County and far western Outagamie County.
                  Hortonville: An EF1 tornado touched down from 11:18 to 11:22 a.m. northwest of Greenville in Outagamie County. It had peak winds of 90 mph.
                  Greenville: An EF0 tornado struck from 11:22 to 11:23 a.m. northeast of Greenville in Outagamie County. It had peak winds of 85 mph.
                  Wrightstown: An EF0 tornado touched down from 11:36 to 11:39 a.m. in southwest Brown County. It had peak winds of 80 mph.
                  My town is right next to Greenville, east of it. I went toward the storm to get to the mall which seems crazy until you realize I am on the top floor and my building has no basement. I left my apartment about the same time the tornado hit. If it was northeast of Greenville then it was probably just north of the mall, though it's hard to tell.

Other parts of the state were hit harder: https://www.weau.com/content/news/Fo...513078551.html I've seen a youtube video from a Turtle Lake resident. It's bad.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    I just found a newspaper article:

My town is right next to Greenville, east of it. I went toward the storm to get to the mall which seems crazy until you realize I am on the top floor and my building has no basement. I left my apartment about the same time the tornado hit. If it was northeast of Greenville then it was probably just north of the mall, though it's hard to tell.

Other parts of the state were hit harder: https://www.weau.com/content/news/Fo...513078551.html I've seen a youtube video from a Turtle Lake resident. It's bad.
                    Ah, I see. Thankfully those are weak tornadoes. Still scary, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X