Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had a "customer" at my old grocery store try to steal a large family pack of chicken by hiding it under his t-shirt one hot summer day. His oddly defined chest and stomach tipped us all off he was doing something stupid. He got arrested and the chicken tossed as no one felt comfortable putting it back on the shelf knowing where it had been .

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Someone in our store stole a canoe. The outdoor/camping section was in the far back of our huge store, and a couple guys apparently hauled the thing through the isles and out the front door. Amazing what you can get away with if you act like you know what you're doing.
      Huh ... so I was thinking of buying a kayak. Do I just stick it under my shirt, or what?

Comment

Old adage.

"If you look, and act, like you are allowed to do something; 9 times out of 10 no one will bother to ask you about it"
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

i worked in the garden center of a Lowe's many years ago. back when flat screen TVs weren't a thing yet, and the big (40 inch +/-) tube TVs were $700 +/- this particular Lowe's had appliances and TVs for sale (the TV isle was a popular hangout spot for custys AND employees during football season XD), and this Lowe's had 2 doors from the store into the garden center, one near the front... close to the returns desk, and one further back, close to the lawn mowers and other indoor garden stuff, but also close to the appliances and electronics.

one day a guy comes walking up from the back door of the garden center with a big TV on a flatbed cart and he tries to stroll out the garden gate with it. i stopped him and asked him about it, and he was like "i realized this TV didn't have picture in picture and i wanted one with picture in picture... so i brought it back to return it, but then when i got here i realized i left my receipt at home, so i'm taking it back to my car and i'll come back with the receipt and the TV later" dude was smooth, i'll give him that, he had his excuse ready. BUT... not only did he come from the back garden door near the TVs, not the front one near the returns desk, when i called the returns desk they had no knowledge of this guy. manager got involved and we ended up sending him home, sans TV, to "go get his receipt". never saw him again XD

Comment

Working...
          X