Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, guests in my house are also not generally strangers, either. Just more nonsense corporate speak that someone thought up in order to make it seem like they're doing a job. I can do junk like that, too.

Hey, let's call customers "friends." Boom, paycheck please?
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Yeah, no. It's not meant to be a complete four course meal for people too stingy to feed their own kids. She's teaching them greed and rude, inconsiderate behavior.
      Unfortunately, this is true. So are the leeches that show up for charity events. For example, most of you know that I enter my car in an annual car show here. All of the money raised goes towards several local charities, including a school for children with autism and other mental issues. They do great work, so I'm happy to help out.

Several years, one of the major grocery store chains here ("Big Bird") had a huge tent. They'd spend the entire weekend grilling burgers, hot dogs, and supplying everyone with frozen treats and drinks. All they asked, is that you throw a few dollars in the collection jars. Problem was, you'd have the assholes throwing in quarters...and then cleaning out the ice cream freezers. Big Bird wanted to do something for charity, and eventually quit doing it because of the leeches

But, back to samples. Also at the car show, are several vendors offering things like shushies, energy drinks, and even wine. Most of the time, you only get one or two samples, and you get cut off after the second. The exception...was when the slushie truck's refrigeration equipment broke. Rather than leave, the young ladies running the truck said that they were giving out free samples--as many as you wanted--all day long, and the next day too.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Years ago when I worked at Hasting's, all-of-a-sudden, it was decided that we would refer to customers as "guests". Most of us said that if we had guests act like our customers in our home, we'd be kicking their asses to the curb.
        Marla said the same thing in an early Retail strip. Just goes to show, customer service experiences are universal.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I think if a manager ever tells me to call the customers "guests" again, I'll say "So, does that mean when they come in, camp out in the playroom for hours while their kids run around screaming and making messes, and then order 6 scoops of ice cream on the way out, I can tell them to leave and not come back?"
          Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

Quoth Shotgun Chuck View Post
            I think if a manager ever tells me to call the customers "guests" again, I'll say "So, does that mean when they come in, camp out in the playroom for hours while their kids run around screaming and making messes, and then order 6 scoops of ice cream on the way out, I can tell them to leave and not come back?"
            If our store weren't already closing, and I weren't trying to get a transfer to another part of the business, I'd love to ask that, LOL.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X