X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robocall Settlement

https://consumerist.com/2017/08/16/f...ive-up-to-900/

A marketing company has settled a lawsuit over "free cruise" robocalls. If your phone number received a robocall from them, you could be eligible for some money. The article includes a link to a site where you can check your phone number(s). My cell phone is on the list even though I don't remember getting any calls; all that probably matters is that the number is part of their list and was called.

No idea how much I'll get out of it, but it can't hurt to file.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

I received some of those but neither my cell nor my house phone are on the list. Guess it must have been another company.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I was actually a little disappointed to find out my number wasn't on there.

Oh well.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I've been getting calls from Happy Dude. I decided I'd be happier without paying him money.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I don't get it. I received 3 - 4 calls day, easy, and my number is not on the list. The calls all started with that fog horn noise.

Comment

Phooey. All the robocalls I've been getting are of the "IRS is out to get you" variety.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            I've been getting calls from Happy Dude. I decided I'd be happier without paying him money.
            But what about Sorry Dude, are you going to give him any money?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Here's the URL to submit your claim.
              Quoth Deserted View Post
              ...neither my cell nor my house phone are on the list. Guess it must have been another company.
              Apparently as Mrs. TGK's cell wasn't and she got similar calls on her cell. Our landline was on the list.
              As for how much, just enough to make it worth your while to press your claim. Remember, the lawyers always win.
              Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              All the robocalls I've been getting are of the "IRS is out to get you" variety.
              Here's where to report those calls. And yes, I had to help a panicky client do that last season. If the real IRS contacts you about that, ask for a Form 211 (that the one to claim a reward--yes the reward is taxable.)
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

My number was on the list, btw the site literally says the back claim payout was $900 per number.

Comment

Quoth ImmBarb View Post
                  I don't get it. I received 3 - 4 calls day, easy, and my number is not on the list. The calls all started with that fog horn noise.
                  It's probable that there were multiple of such scams going on at one time OR the list is only numbers that they could verify through their means OR you received the calls outside the window of the suit.

Comment

This outfit is only one of hundreds I'm sure, and it's not clear how the list is verified or by who.

Comment

Verification is easy. The site says they got the list from the robocall company; it's a simple matter of checking the entered numbers against that list.
                      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Thank you!!! My number was on it and I've submitted my claim. I hate those asswipes.
                        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I filed as well...not sure what I'll get out of it, but anything helps. Neither of our other numbers (home and mom's cell) are on the list, which seems strange. But this is one outfit out of dozens. Maybe this will encourage more suits if the originating companies can be identified, and pressure them to keep tighter rein on lists...right.
                          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 09-05-2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X