This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheee! A day off!

Coworker from Job #2 (The Mothership) asked me today if I'm available on weekends (hang on ... you mean I have a choice?!? )

I said yes.

She asked if I'd take her shift next Sunday if she took my shift tomorrow (Tuesday). I said sure.

Later I told boss at Job #1 that I could come in for the full day tomorrow.

Boss #1: "Hmmm ... didn't you say you could come in all day on Thursday? Let's do that instead."

So I have ALL of tomorrow off!! Trying to think about WTF I'm gonna do with all that free time.

The downside is that on Thursday, I'll work 9-5 in the office, and then go to The Mothership and work four hours there until closing time.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Shhh! Not so loud, or they'll all want one! Congrats, hope you get to enjoy it.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Thanks, LOL. It was a nice, cool, cloudy, rainy day ... my favourite kind of weather! I got a decent amount done around the house, so that was nice.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        So I have ALL of tomorrow off!! Trying to think about WTF I'm gonna do with all that free time.
        Years ago, back when I was delivering pizzas while in college, I somehow got a Friday night off. Had no idea what I was going to do. Coworker approaches me.

CW: CC. Are you busy Friday?
        CC: *Expecting to be asked to cover* Why?
        CW: I saw that you had Friday night off. So do I. I have no idea what to do. Want to do something together?

I think we did a movie.

And that is how I started dating a cute little Strawberry blonde.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post

I think we did a movie.
          And then after doing the movie,you did the strawberry blonde...

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

to Kit-Ginevra's reaction to csquared's comment ...

The flip side of that lovely day off is that tomorrow I go into the office from 9-5 ... and then to The Mothership from 5:30 to 10:30 ... gonna be a lonnnnng day ...

Starting in October, thankfully, I have two days dedicated to the office only, and The Mothership gets the rest of the week.
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X