This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been away for too long

Sorry I have been gone for a while, but at first I was so far into grief that I shut down and then life got busy.

Several things have happened that I need to share.

Let's start with the bad first

First, I had a cancer scare and had surgery to remove two masses that were both benign.

Second, the day after surgery my landlord informed me that he sold the building and I had to be out in 48 hours

Third, three weeks later I was told that the company I was working for was closing our office and I no longer had a job

Now for the good.

While dealing with my grief I was talking with an old friend that had lost his wife and we were helping each other as we were trying to help our kids deal with the loss. He came back to our hometown for a visit with his family and asked me out for coffee. We sat and talked and slowly fell in love. Two days before Christmas he proposed. He has been my rock through surgery, losing my place to live and my job. The end of April I moved from WV to TN and on the 14th of next month we are getting married
    Last edited by FormerCallingCardRep; 09-10-2017, 05:36 PM.

Your landlord was a dick.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
      Your landlord was a dick.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
      Is that bit about 48 hours even legal??

And congratulations from me as well.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

^ I don't think it was legal. I just talked to FCCR and I have it on good authority her guy is a real good one. Congrats!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I wouldn't..imagine it was legal. It certainly isn't kind.

I'm glad you've got a good guy FCCR. <3
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!

Seriously though, your landlord is a dick.
            Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

on the upcoming wedding. After all the crap you've been through, you deserve some happiness.

And I concur that your landlord was a dick.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow! that was horrible! I'm glad you found such a great guy. Congratulations!

Comment

I don't think the 48 hours was legal, I think when the landlord takes possession you have 30 days to move ... so unless you got a 30 60 or 90 day notice of sale from your original landlord, he screwed you over/up and there might be some form of legal recourse.

Sounds like your new love is definitely a keeper. Someone that understands grief would be an excellent relationship choice. And if someone starts niggling at you 'you are moving on too fast' [or niggling at him] you can tell them to stuff a sock into it.

And congratulations!
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                    I don't think the 48 hours was legal
                    Many states require the new owner to honor existing leases. Check on that for your area.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X