Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandmother got T-boned about 25 years ago. Hit by a truck pulling a trailer going 55 or so.

Considering the condition of the car, it's miraculous my grandma not only survived, but wasn't injured all that badly.

There's now a roundabout at the intersection where it happened. This is why I'm generally in favor of them.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      [and this is why we pretty much only drive VWs - the result of a roll at 70 mph ...]
      Our cars have always been VWs. We used to have a Volvo when I was born, but it was totaled when dad was pulling out of a gas station and while he was paying attention, a semi on the road was not (far as I can tell while he was unhurt, the car's front end was 'clipped' enough to total it). My grandmother had a Volvo and we swear that car was possessed...

Mom's current Passat is almost 15 years old and the only major thing that's happened is that the bumper is falling off. That started when it got caught on an off-kilter parking lot curb; for some reason we were able to pull in just fine, but the rubber 'skirt' under the bumper got caught while pulling out and mom didn't listen to me the first time I told her to stop (had we stopped immediately and slowly pulled back in, I might have been able to unwedge it but ...we eventually did, but the damage is more extensive than it could have been).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X