This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip!

Just got done with a road trip to Fayettnam, glad to be home.

Stayed in one motel this time around, a Motel 6. Is it me or have they actually improved? Lovely room, *True* handicap bathroom - wheelchair shower stall instead of just adding a fold down seat and handheld shower to a bath tub. The most impressive thing was the lovely lady at the desk! She handled the instant rush of customers with aplomb, grace and good humor.

Bookmarked the place on my GPS, it is in an area we normally break in on the trip - I liked it better than the more expensive places we have stayed at in the vicinity.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Low end chains like Motel 6 and such are always a crap shoot as their standards are very loose. I stayed in a Super 8 during my move from AZ that was great, really loved it. Stayed at one in Indiana that was an old style pull up motel that was pretty bad really.
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

The local Motel 6 has been undergoing extensive renovations for a while now. Maybe they’re trying to update themselves?
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Had a bad experience at a HoJo's. Knowing they are part of the Whydam brand.. I called them. Explained that while I know HoJo's is known for the budget end of their brands, my experience was really awful (contentional breakfast wasn't really what it was advertised.. No hot foods, especially no waffles (manager blamed a recall.. That was a year old). Got $10 back which basically covered breakfast (its all we really wanted

Comment

Working...
        X