Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know anything about a program called Paychequer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it's all states but in Maryland, those pay cards are set up that if you use it as debit, you get charged a 25cent fee. That's in the fine print on the cards from a least 3 of the banks around here.
    At least some gas stations you can't use any prepaid debit cards at the pump. The station I work at, the pump won't turn on unless you have at least $100 available on your bank debit card or credit card. We don't actually charge until the handle is hung back up, but they do ping to make sure you can't pump more than you can pay, and most cars won't hold over $100 so that's what they are looking for. If you don't have that much, and you know you only want $20 worth, then you have to pay inside.

Comment

Quoth judecat View Post
      If you don't have that much, and you know you only want $20 worth, then you have to pay inside.
      I'll give that a try. The hold on my funds FINALLY released, or so it appears, but I gotta tell ya, I really didn't like the fact that it took more than a week. I'm fortunate that I didn't need to 'overdraft' the thing as a result of the hold, but I think it's just a really scammy way to do business.

And if they don't fix the issues with my account access soon, I'm going to exercise the 'cash out' option each payday. They can't play these games with money they don't have access to.

Comment

Working...
      X