Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here understand credit ratings??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    That's still 100% true of all CC companies. If you don't make them ANY profit, they don't see you as an actual customer x.x
    Yeah, but most of 'em have better sense than to say so out loud in public.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Yeah, but most of 'em have better sense than lack the honesty to say so out loud in public.
      Fixed that for you!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Pix -- You'd think so...but shows like 60 Minutes or 20/20 (whichever ones are still around) manage to eke out a "new" story about it once a decade or so since at least the 80s My theory is that the CC companies know many customers don't like them, so they just don't care about their public image; they 're gonna get plenty of business either way.

Kinda like how the hugest of the huge cable TV and video game studios are considered the worst/most hated companies in the nation, and yet, they're not suffering. On the flip side -- Devs for some games (including Overwatch!) have admitted that the more toxic members of their community actually intimidate them, to the point where having to deal with them (and with concerns from legit players) has actually slowed game development down by a measurable amount, despite their having increased the size of their dev team (now 100+) since the game's release.

I kinda have mixed feelings about discovering that there is now concrete evidence that trolling/elitism/etc really DO have a significant, global (to that community) negative effect upon all of those around them, beyond simply annoying most people and actively harming their specific targets.
        Last edited by EricKei; 10-06-2017, 01:12 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          That's still 100% true of all CC companies. If you don't make them ANY profit, they don't see you as an actual customer x.x
          I pay off my credits cards every month. The CC companies still make a lot of money from the fees they charge the merchants for the money I spend.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Exactly. They're making money from their customers -- the merchants. You're just a number on a screen who happens to be spending the money the merchants send them in the first place
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X