This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did mustard become so foul?

Ok so I like mustard. Just a bit is fine because I don't like sourness. But when I asked for it at this sandwich place that rhymes with Rotbelly, they gave me DIJON mustard! WTF!
    Dijon mustard is the foulest thing ever. I seriously would rather have dog vomit. I assume it was made in France or some place in Europe (correct me if I'm wrong about that) so why Europe? Why? And it's the strongest condiment ever, so it Totally ruined my mushroom and swiss. I suppose I'll have to say Yellow mustard for now on, but I've asked for it before and they still gave me Dijon. I would ask them to remake but I don't want to be T H A T customer. You can't win.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I love Dijon mustard and most of it is made right here. It's just a style of mustard... I've noticed that some years it's stronger than others. One year it reminded me of horseradish it was so strong.

Comment

I never met a mustard I didn't like. My question is this: is Dijon what normally comes on that sammich and they don't list it so the customer doesn't know? I would think that if it's anything but regular yellow mustard they should tell you. Oh, and yes, Dijon is French. It's made with white wine and white wine vinegar.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The problem here is that you think that yellow crap is mustard. It's not, and never had been! That reminds me, I meant to pick up some german mustard when I went shopping... I'll have to make a proper note so I don't forget next time.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I LOVE mustard, all types. I think I have 7 different kinds in my cupboard at this very moment. HOWEVER.....I've had good Dijon mustard, and I've had Dijon mustard that makes me gag. Never buy the cheap stuff!
          Jalapeno mustard is my favorite right now.

Comment

I've never met a mustard I *did* like . . .

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
              I suppose I'll have to say Yellow mustard for now on, but I've asked for it before and they still gave me Dijon. I would ask them to remake but I don't want to be T H A T customer.
              I've never been in that chain, but can you see them as they make the sandwiches and maybe stop them as they reach for the Dijon? If you specifically say "yellow mustard" and they give you something else, I would not consider you "that" customer if you gave it back and asked for what you ordered. That's not being sucky or picky, that's just being a normal human wanting to eat something you like.

On another note, I currently adore mustard of all varieties. But growing up I detested it. So I have the memory of not liking it, but taste buds that say YUM. It's very strange.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

If there's more than one type,I'd expect them to ask you 'English or French' or to specify which one you like
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  The problem here is that you think that yellow crap is mustard. It's not, and never had been! That reminds me, I meant to pick up some german mustard when I went shopping... I'll have to make a proper note so I don't forget next time.
                  Well whatever it is, YM is the perfect finishing touch to a sandwich. Not too sour or spicy. Mmmmm. My stepmom likes Dijon and keeps a whole bottle of it in the fridge. I keep it far away from my YM. I dared my brother to try dijon (he dislikes strong sourness too) and he won't touch it. Lol. We're planning to visit Europe next year and are staying away from sandwiches....actually one that I think of it, I probably wouldn't like any food there...except Italian pizza.

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  I've never been in that chain, but can you see them as they make the sandwiches and maybe stop them as they reach for the Dijon? If you specifically say "yellow mustard" and they give you something else, I would not consider you "that" customer if you gave it back and asked for what you ordered. That's not being sucky or picky, that's just being a normal human wanting to eat something you like.

On another note, I currently adore mustard of all varieties. But growing up I detested it. So I have the memory of not liking it, but taste buds that say YUM. It's very strange.
                  Me too! As a child I dislike YM it was too sour. But now I like it, just a bit! Sometimes they put too much and it ruins the sandwich. I prefer not to say anything though, and just never go back again. Too much other options to choose from. If the workers gets nasty, that ruins my day so I rather just never come back.
                  Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                  The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

"A dee...a dee-dee-dee....forgot the mustard!" [cookies for reference]

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                      I've never met a mustard I *did* like . . .
                      I keep a small bottle of yellow mustard for those occasions where I have a craving for a bologna sandwich - otherwise I don't eat mustard on sandwiches or hot dogs as a general rule (mustard and cheese on a hot dog is just yucky to me )

My Mom, OTOH, loves the brown spicy mustard so I have to keep a bottle in the fridge for her. She won't eat any other kind of mustard.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We're planning to visit Europe next year and are staying away from sandwiches....actually one that I think of it, I probably wouldn't like any food there...except Italian pizza.
                        Europe has a lot of countries with a lot of districts which all of them have a traditional way of cooking .
                        You may find some food you like, go a few hundred kilometres, and it's made differently.
                        McDonalds will be the same from Svalbard to Gibraltar, though.

Comment

We're planning to visit Europe next year and are staying away from sandwiches....actually one that I think of it, I probably wouldn't like any food there...except Italian pizza.
                          Can't think what's not to like...

neeps and tatties,black pudding,borscht,frogs'legs,haggis....
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Can't think what's not to like...

neeps and tatties,black pudding,borscht,frogs'legs,haggis....
                            Knödeln, Sauerbraten, lutfisk, smørrebrød with pickled herring .
                            At least you will be able to see what's on a piece of smørrebrød (smørgåsar in Swedish), and you are allowed to pick the things you don't like off.

Comment

Try kaestar hakarl....

Comment

Working...
                              X