X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ladydyani View Post
    Good luck. I've been looking for years.
    Dunno about wired ones, but they still sell mouses like that at Yellow Tag. I should know, I use one, and periodically I have to replace it.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      I really don't wanna be bothered with replacing batteries every time they die mid game x.x

I guess their thought was something like: People who travel a lot seem to prefer wireless everything (fewer cables to deal with), and are likely to have limited desk space, so, BAM! Wirless mouse that can be used without moving the mouse itself around on your lap/desk/airline seat tray.
      With the tech being to the point that they get about a year from a set of batteries, and low production costs, and lots of people likeing wireless devices even when they don't travel, it's just easier for them to consolidate the product lines around wireless. Unfortunate for those whom it annoys, but sadly that's the way of things these day.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        I really don't wanna be bothered with replacing batteries every time they die mid game x.x

I guess their thought was something like: People who travel a lot seem to prefer wireless everything (fewer cables to deal with), and are likely to have limited desk space, so, BAM! Wirless mouse that can be used without moving the mouse itself around on your lap/desk/airline seat tray.
        It has an integrated battery and you can charge it via the cable included. You can also just plug it in and leave it like that which was the gist of my comment.
        I don't like leaving the cable plugged in in because of the extra space I need and the drag it adds when I move the mouse (it's a braided cable so they traded long term resilience for flexibility) . Not having a cable in your stationary trackball adds almost nothing to the experience, wherever you are.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Ahh -- If it can be charged via cable, that's different. Keep in mind that I'm on the comp 8+ hours a day, and actively using it (not just watching netflix >_>) for most of that.

I guess i'm used to stuff like wireless game controllers that crap out after a few hours of nonstop play (e.g. RockBand group sessions ) -- even with kinda-higher end batteries (not quite Eneloops). I loves me some thumb-ball mice, and I have plenty of other wires up here, so it's not an issue.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I tried a wireless mouse and keyboard once. I think the keyboard worked OK but there was a slight delay time with the mouse which I didn't like. I switched back to the wired version of both.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              . I think the keyboard worked OK but there was a slight delay time with the mouse which I didn't like.
              Might have been some interference. When we got wireless mice and keyboards at work, we had some issues with them. I went back to wired versions, because I didn't like the delays or how they'd sometimes randomly move or click on things. Plus, at the time, there was no way to shut the damn things off. They'd eat up batteries quickly.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Plus, at the time, there was no way to shut the damn things off. They'd eat up batteries quickly.
                HMMMM Weird. I have had the same model of Logitech wireless mouse (m750) for the last 6 years and have only gone through 2 sets of batteries and it has an on/off switch.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                  Well, they do have the new MX Ergo. Not cheap but should last a while, although why they made it wireless is a bit of mystery.
                  £99.99 in the UK, but THIS is way, way cheaper - but shipping might cost a bit.
                  http://www.rectatech.com/logitech-m5...cordless-mouse

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

I am particularly fond of the Trackman trackwheel optical. I would prefer wired but they are now only wireless. I find using the thumb for the trackball is way more accurate than twiddling about with a fore or middle finger.
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                    X