Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 40 middle-aged? I just turned 44 on the 8th and I don't feel middle-aged, though I know I am.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

40 is probably more accurately "middle-aged" than 60. I am middle-aged only if one assumes that I will live to 120 ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Pix, I always think of you as being in your 20s.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

But one quick question: have you been given your official Middle Aged Glasses (ie, Bifocals) yet?
          I got progressives this year for the first time. It's taken a bit of time to get used to them, but I find that I still tend to take them off if I need to look at something close up.

It's three more years until my grad class' 30th reunion, but I already know I won't be going. Even if I lived closer I wouldn't bother because I couldn't stand most of my class, and those people I could stand I'm friends with on FB, and we all feel the same way about reunions.

Comment

I'm laughing at all these kids complaining about their ages. I'm 69.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

To be honest I really don't care, it's just I'm enjoying ragging on mum that she now has a middle-aged daughter.

I've always said that I don't care about the age thing, just about the health thing; so long as I can still cut my own toe-nails I'm good. Actually I'm looking forward to being able to apply for my bus pass; free travel! Plus senior discounts!

Pixelated, I've had to wear glasses full-time since I was twelve, so I can't really hold that up as a sign of aging. Weirdly, though, my right eye has actually been getting less short-sighted as I get older. What's up with that?
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                I'm laughing at all these kids complaining about their ages. I'm 69.
                You're the same age as my Mom (she turns 70 next month.)

I wouldn't say we're complaining per se, but more like totally shocked that we're *gasp* getting older.

It happens to everyone at some point but mentally I feel older some days and other days I still feel younger. Still kinda hard to adjust on occasion.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Happy b day you all are making me feel like a damn child :P JK I'm in my 30s so I assume 40s is next lol. I'll be over here snapping my whip on your lawns lol. I too am eager to get my senior discount and free stuff. At least I'm not alone in my glasses.
                  Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                  The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                  X