This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This round went to me ...

Had a customer come in today and want to buy a coffee (IIRC) with a $50 bill ...

Me: "Um, I'm pretty sure I don't have enough to break that ... have you got anything smaller?"

He pulls out a small roll of $5 bills ...

Aaand you didn't opt to use those first because why ... ?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post

He pulls out a small roll of $5 bills ...

Aaand you didn't opt to use those first because why ... ?

***buzzes in***
    Because he's a dickhead?

Am I right? do I win a prize?
    Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Ding ding ding! Lawsmeister wins!

Comment

Because he HAD to show off that he's a big shot who can just whip out the Grants like it's no big thing at all.

Hmmmm, speaking of "no big thing", I'm wondering about overcompensation....
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

It took me many years of complaining before my sweetie would stop using large bills at stores. He got them because he didn't really trust the bank machines to always work and large bills were easier to carry.

It all stopped one day when I asked him for cash to buy cigs and all he had was a 50. For me to use at an independent c-store on my way to work when I hadn't had my first cig for the day. Yelling happened and the change jar got raided because I knew that if the c-store closest to me couldn't break that dang 50, I was going to have to drive 20 miles before I could maybe get a pack. I might have had to go all the way to work and beg a co-worker for a menthal!

That was almost 20 years ago, nowadays I only use cash for things that can't be paid for with plastic. Nothing illegal, we can use plastic at the local herbal pharmacy, but craft fairs, yard sales, small purchases at locally owned stores and the like! No matter, every time I ask him for cash now, he always gives me small bills. Just the way I like it.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            Because he HAD to show off that he's a big shot who can just whip out the Grants like it's no big thing at all.

Hmmmm, speaking of "no big thing", I'm wondering about overcompensation....
            I doubt there's a microscope strong enough to find it.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              I doubt there's a microscope strong enough to find it.
              Not even an electron microscope could find it

Seriously though, when I ran the camp store, I always hated the first day of the week. Loads of kids bringing in $20s that their parents had given them. It sucked balls, since it would clean out my change drawer in pretty short order Some weeks, when the rich kids would show up, it was like counting ones!
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Seriously though, when I ran the camp store, I always hated the first day of the week. Loads of kids bringing in $20s that their parents had given them. It sucked balls, since it would clean out my change drawer in pretty short order Some weeks, when the rich kids would show up, it was like counting ones!
                Back when I went to summer camp (late 50s) kids having large bills wasn't a problem. Each kid had an account at the camp store and all purchases were made from the account. No change needed.

And that was before computers.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                X