Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you thought they couldn't get much dumber.....(Sorry, Really Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, did he call up your manager to complain? ** Because that would be even better if the idiot used his one phone call to do that.

How hard did the Store Manager laugh when you told him what happened?

Nahnanan nahnanan, hey hey hey, good by
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Wow that is a Chuck Norris round house kick to the nuts load of Karma right there....pure awesomeness

Comment

Hahahaha! I almost wish that would happen in our store (we don't sell cigarettes or booze though) just so I could witness something so glorious.

Comment

Quoth Plankton78 View Post
          SC: *to sheriff* Hey, John!! (name changed) GUESS WHAT? These bleepers won't sell me cigarettes 'cuz I don't have my ID on me. Anit that just the stupidest thing you ever heard!! I'm fifty four years old, for bleeps sake!

SC storms out of the store and fires up his beat to hell pickup truck and burns rubber out of the parking lot. Our wonderful friendly town sheriff just shakes his head and radios his officers to go pick up the SC and arrest him.

{ You heard right, this dumbass just voluntarily told a member of law enforcement that he was driving without his driver' s license}
          Technically, if he'd left his license in the truck, he "don't have my ID on me", but wouldn't be driving without his license. Probably not what happened, however.

Oh. According to the grapevine here in Tiny Town, he was arrested for speeding, expired inspection sticker, not wearing a seat belt, disturbing the peace, resisting arrest, assaulting an officer....and the icing.....a shiny new DUI for driving while high on who knows what.
          Shiny new DUI? If it was booze, who would have sold it to him without ID? Probably DUI for other substances. I wonder what he was smoking - only thing I'm sure of is it wasn't cigarettes from Plankton78's store.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Looking one's age

Quoth Tama View Post
            That changed a while back to 40, as I guess 27 is kind of hard to tell. I always went by gray in hair+wrinkles for the magic combo to not be carded.
            Remember Taylor Hicks, gray haired in his late twenties and said he was like that from when he was a teenager.

That is why you card people no matter their looks.

Comment

Or then there's men who go bald young, such as Patrick Stewart, who lost his hair before he was 20.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth rudeawakening View Post
                Hahahaha! I almost wish that would happen in our store (we don't sell cigarettes or booze though) just so I could witness something so glorious.
                On the other hand, I am very, very glad that we don't sell cigarettes, alcohol, or other age-restricted materials at the fabric store. I get enough guff from customers over expired coupons, unread signs and a lack of a senior discount.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
                  Forgive me if I am missing something, but I thought that you only had to ID someone 27 and under...
                  That is true for the law, but the OP's store policy is to ID everyone.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
                    Forgive me if I am missing something, but I thought that you only had to ID someone 27 and under...
                    I'm so sorry. I was exhausted when I wrote this. Double shifts are killing me.

You are absolute correct. The federal law I meant to talk about says that we can refuse to sell anyone cigarettes if they do not have an ID, an expired ID, or an ID without a valid birthday.

We could make up a birthday and sell cigarettes anyways but with six security cameras around the front register area, it'd be easy to tell if the cashier was checking or not.

Also. To who ever asked if I told my manager. I was the manager on duty at the time (as my cashier says 'FINALLY. A manager who can work a register. Lol). Anyways, I didn't tell the store manager because it's a small town and she's related to the sheriff. (cousin, brother, uncle.......... I can't remember.)
                    No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Comment

... it's a small town and she's related to the sheriff. (cousin, brother, uncle.......... I can't remember.)
                      Or more than one of the above... (Hey, I live in the Deep South, too!)
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                        Or then there's men who go bald young, such as Patrick Stewart, who lost his hair before he was 20.
                        or my grand father or my uncle or my cousins ex husband lol

Comment

Working...
                        X