This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This early in the morning

So I work at a car dealership. Every morning, I check the machine for messages and then give them to the proper people.

This morning, a guy left a message for one of our salespeople, Jessica. The message consisted of "Hey Jessica, call me." Nothing else. So, since I could do nothing with it, I just deleted it.

He calls just now (an hour later) and yells that Jessica has not called him back. I asked if he left a message for her on the machine that consisted of the one I deleted. He screams at me that yes, that was his message. Why hasn't she called him back?

I explain to him that he left no information with which to contact him. I told him if he wants someone to call him back, he needs to at least leave a name or number, but preferably both.

He yells that Jessica should "know him."

Come on, dude...Jessica's not the one who listens to the messages on the machine that's for the secretary. That'd be me...the secretary. I don't know you from Adam. On top of that, Jessica sees hundreds of people a day. You are not that special. Leave a name and number. UGH.
    "Some people are dumb." - Butthead

Oh come on, he's so special he's unforgettable! This is all YOUR fault!

Seriously, even a freakin' three-year-old knows enough to leave a name, a callback number or both!

Comment

Oh we get this all the time at work. And I used to get it back when I filled in for the auto sales reps.

"Hey, it's Joe. Call me, I have ads to place." *Click*

Yeah. There were several guys named Joe, several Tonys, several Bobs, a couple of Jims and Chucks, etc. All from different dealerships. Great.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I used to get this from fellow workers at a sister paper. "Hi, it's So-and-so!" Um, who? "What, you don't know me??" Okay, admittedly I've worked at this paper for several years ... but I've never met you. I don't have a face to put together with your voice, and I'm sorry, but your voice alone isn't nearly memorable enough for me to go "Oh yeah, SO-AND-SO! Howareya??"

Some people ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I don't' have a super-common name, but, there were FIVE of us working at my one college job. 1 Supervisor, 1 Assistant Supervisor, and 3 line employees (me included).

Wanna cause havoc? Just page "Paul" with no last name/department specified.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            I don't' have a super-common name, but, there were FIVE of us working at my one college job. 1 Supervisor, 1 Assistant Supervisor, and 3 line employees (me included).

Wanna cause havoc? Just page "Paul" with no last name/department specified.
            Heh. At my last job, we had three guys named Dave on the same team.

To make it worse, two of those had the same last name, too.

Go ahead, ask for "Dave" on the XYZ team, I dare you.
            "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Caller: Hi, can I talk to Dr Kang, Please?
              Me: Sure, which one would you like? We have two today!
              Caller: Oh! My husband?
              Me: ... ... ... Well, do you want the Korean Dr Kang, or the Indian Dr Kang?
              Caller: Laughs... Korean Dr Kang please!

Both men were married, about the same age, both had children. NO way the staff had to differentiate between them other than by country or origin.... They even spelled it the same damned way!

Comment

Working...
              X