X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2D2...in feathered form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q6utsksoFY

...Aaaand this is what I get for clicking on a sidebar link: https://youtu.be/XjAcyTXRunY WTF
    Last edited by EricKei; 12-13-2016, 12:40 AM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Quoth EricKei View Post
    [URL]...Aaaand this is what I get for clicking on a sidebar link: https://youtu.be/XjAcyTXRunY WTF
    Here's some extra footage.

Comment

First, we have a cat that looks like Adam Driver (Kylo Ren).
      Now we have a budgie that sounds like R2D2.
      Next thing you know, we'll have a lyrebird that imitates the entire movie.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Lyrebirds are awesome. That is all.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My senegal mimics electronic noises. Half the time I can't tell if I'm getting a text, a phone call, a Facebook message, or if my bird is just fucking with me.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            My senegal mimics electronic noises.
            My grandfather told of a starling, at the railway station where he was stationmaster, which learned their whistled signals. After a few days chaos they had to forbid whistles on that station and use hand signals.
            The bird forgot the signals over the summer, so after a few months, they could go back to whistles.
            This was in the beginning of the fifties, so no handheld radios.

Comment

Birds are awesome. I wish I wasn't afraid of the bigger ones biting me with those super strong beaks. (also I have the same fear of rabbits, those teeth are scary!) Anyway, I know it's not the same, but when I lived at home we had chickens. They made this trilling sound whenever they saw something they perceived as a predator. So whenever they made that sound I automatically looked up, because it was usually a hawk or an eagle. Though occasionally it was a plane. Don't even get me started on the ducks. You could have a conversation with them.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                Birds are awesome. I wish I wasn't afraid of the bigger ones biting me with those super strong beaks. (also I have the same fear of rabbits, those teeth are scary!) Anyway, I know it's not the same, but when I lived at home we had chickens. They made this trilling sound whenever they saw something they perceived as a predator. So whenever they made that sound I automatically looked up, because it was usually a hawk or an eagle. Though occasionally it was a plane. Don't even get me started on the ducks. You could have a conversation with them.

It's not the big ones you need to be afraid of. I'd rather get bit 100 times by my macaw than once by my senegal. The amazon is somewhere in between.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                  It's not the big ones you need to be afraid of. I'd rather get bit 100 times by my macaw than once by my senegal. The amazon is somewhere in between.
                  Well, now I'm afraid of both. Could you expand on why the smaller ones are worse? Are their beaks... sharper? Do they grab on and not let go? We had a mallard drake who hated me and would bite the skin on my hand between the finger and thumb. He'd grab on and twist his head back and forth. I, of course, petted him with my other hand. Sooooo soft.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

See, the real problem isn't whether or not they CAN crack hard nuts, it's whether they think YOU are a hard nut to crack.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Bigger birds, parrots anyway, can get more of whatever they're grabbing in their beaks. That means your body part is going to be in the flat part and not get punctured by the sharp, curved part. Also, they mostly just use their beaks as a tool. They use it to test the stability of whatever perch you're offering or to just move your arm out of the way if they don't like it there. Of course like any wild animal, if they feel threatened they can do harm, but a well socialized parrot will be bite pressure trained, and that's far easier to do with the larger birds.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                        My senegal mimics electronic noises. Half the time I can't tell if I'm getting a text, a phone call, a Facebook message, or if my bird is just fucking with me.
                        They are smart enough to mess with their humans' heads!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          My great-grandmother's parrot would bite people... and laugh at them with her laugh.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            I'll just say that "bird brain" is not an insult. These guys are like evil genius toddlers with a can opener for a face. The trouble they can get into is astounding.

Comment

Working...
                            X