This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo follies

Seriously, before you send us a photo to run with a death notice, it's really a good idea to look closely at the background.

That way you can avoid sending a photo that shows a person with a sign visible right over their shoulder, a sign that reads: EXIT ONLY.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

At least they weren't standing beside a sign to a VERY famous small town in Michigan.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wolfie, you mean this town?
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        Wolfie, you mean this town?
        More than likely.

Anybody here ever seen the "post mortem" photos so beloved in Victorian times? These are, literally, photos of the deceased -- sometimes in the coffin, sometimes carefully arranged on a piece of furniture, and sometimes with a few (live) relatives/friends in the photo as well. The *EWWWW* factor is usually pretty high with those nowadays, but back then, photography was very expensive and so only used on very important occasions ... death being one.

A former editor, who worked in a very small town in Manitoba, populated largely by a particular European ethnic group, said it was not unusual to have to patiently explain to the grieving relatives why he COULD NOT run such photos in the newspaper.

"But you said you take photos!"

"Yes, but it has to be a photo from when the person was alive."

"But WHY? You SAID you take photos!"

Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          At least they weren't standing beside a sign to a VERY famous small town in Michigan.
          Livingston County highway D-19: the Highway to... well, that place. :-) (I live in SE Michigan, and I've actually been there.)
          "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

mjr, you've got it. BPFH, if completing the ellipsis would result in the title to an AC/DC song, you've got it too.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              mjr, you've got it. BPFH, if completing the ellipsis would result in the title to an AC/DC song, you've got it too.
              It would indeed - like I said, I live in the area.
              "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Working...
              X