This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the effing ticket!

Had an encounter with the tech "support" folks at Disruptor Beam over an issue with Star Trek Timelines. Basically, they've added a class of items (crew trainers) that can be used as replicator fuel, and they've got a beta out of a new version (beta only available on Android).

When you select a filter on item types for fueling the replicator, the selection list goes up. "crew trainers" takes up 2 lines, pushing "equipment" off the top of the screen (so you can't select it). I submitted a support ticket describing the problem, stating what device I was using (PhrootFone 6 Plus), and suggesting a solution (have the list go down, since there's more space for it).

First of all, this bug should never have got "into the wild" in the first place - when you introduce a new feature, you test it on a variety of equipment to make sure it doesn't break anything. Of course, this game has a LOT of descriptions you get by clicking on something but which extend off the screen so you can't see them.

As for the title, I got a reply asking if I was using the beta (my original ticket said I was using a PhrootFone, and the beta is for Android only - how could I be using the beta?), and giving instructions to change one of the game settings (this setting is not offered for change in the iOS version). Can't they get customer support staff who understand that if a customer reports they're using brand "A" device, they CAN'T be using a beta which is only offered for brand B?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

I put a ticket in for some online service I use the other day. Knowing how these things work, I included all the pertinent data and the usual extraneous stuff as well just in case. First reply I got: "please confirm you are using the service to do X instead of Y, and also supply us with this basic info." I replied back: "See above. See above. Is there a computer there I could talk to instead?"
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Have the same issue when playing the game on the half eaten phone too...

Comment

Working...
      X