This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kittykat View Post
    What IS the current form of money used in the UK? Not being sarcastic, genuinely asking.
    We use Sterling, which is pounds and pence (the equivalent of dollars and cents). There are 100 pennies in a pound. Much easier than the old Imperial system!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C2%A3sd
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
      ... Much easier than the old Imperial system!
      AKA £sd, which Timothy Leary championed.
      "That'l be a farthing thripny, miss"
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        Even an ignorant and very self absorbed American like me knows that England opted out of the Euro thing.
        To be fair, I'm a relatively knowledgeable American, and my little sister not only lives in the UK, but is a dual citizen of the UK and the US, and I did NOT know that you're you couldn't use Euros in the UK. Of course, I would have asked much more politely than the jackass in the OP, or if I assumed they would be accepted and was told otherwise, would have politely accepted this information, and chalked it up to my own stupidity.

Quoth sirwired View Post
        I might as well argue that NAFTA means I can spend my USD anywhere I want in Canada or Mexico.
        I'm pretty sure that American dollars are welcome just about anywhere in Mexico.
        Last edited by Jester; 07-26-2017, 04:26 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm sure that you live under a damn fine rock, Jester. I just asked my sweetie if we could use Euro's in the UK as he was walking past me to clean the litter boxes (boy, I sure do love that guy) and he didn't even hesitate before saying "No." (Of course, then he came back to me with a random trivia question. A couple that has been married 30+ years tends to develop their own customs that others might consider to be odd.)

Good to have you back, I also was wondering if you had ran off to exotic lands.

Besides plagues of locusts (killer bees swarming the front of my home and cracking a window), fires, and floods all is about the same here in the "land of we don't need any more stinking sunlight."

Comment

Key West is not exotic enough for you?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
              We use Sterling, which is pounds and pence (the equivalent of dollars and cents). There are 100 pennies in a pound. Much easier than the old Imperial system!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C2%A3sd

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X