This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    1. just being in the room is a danger such as the customer can close the door and you the driver are SOL and in lots of danger You suddenly are out of the public view.

2. if something comes up missing or broken in said customer space who is the VERY FIRST PERSON who is going to get the blame, gets to accept the liability AND get prosecuted and most likely get fired.

3. as a customer that is a BIG invasion of my home. If I have NOT invited said driver inside they need to stay on the doorstep.
    I would add:

4. a driver doesn't know what kinds of pets might be inside! Some dogs are friendly as anything, and some are incredibly protective of their turf.

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
      I would add:

4. a driver doesn't know what kinds of pets might be inside! Some dogs are friendly as anything, and some are incredibly protective of their turf.
      Yup.

Only had a delivery person try this once. The German Shepherd AND the Great Pyrennes both objected. Loudly.

Delivery-dude may or may not have needed a change of underwear, but he almost left without payment.

Future deliveries from that restaurant were conducted on the porch.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
        The German Shepherd AND the Great Pyrennes both objected. Loudly.

Delivery-dude may or may not have needed a change of underwear, but he almost left without payment.

Future deliveries from that restaurant were conducted on the porch.
        We actually had trouble persuading take-away delivery people to come as far as the bottom of the drive. Our German Shepherd was at the top end, size-wise, so when he jumped up at the door it visibly shook. We weren't going to train that out of him; the area was beginning to turn a bit nasty by that point, and both our neighbours said that they were very happy to have him barking at people approaching our house. Sara (our neighbour on one side) actually mentioned seeing someone peering in our other neighbour's front window, then taking to his heels when Shadow started barking and hurling himself against the front door!
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Former delivery driver, current delivery orderer here.

Never went into a customer's home, except a couple of times where it was extremely shitty weather and they asked me if I wanted to step inside. If I had heard a dog or felt unsafe I wouldn't have done it. Fortunately most of our customers were middle to upper class suburban homes.

I order delivery too much - probably 2 - 3 times a week. Never once has a delivery person tried to push past me (at 6'1/350 pounds, I'm not easy to push past anyway).

The delivery driver was absolutely sucky IMO. Who knows? They could have been some sort of nut employed by the company or someone pretending to be from there.

I would call the place and let the boss know what happened and that you don't feel comfortable having a delivery guy shove past you uninvited. If he was new then he needs to be informed - NOW - that isn't acceptable behavior.

Comment

This is why you should only get vampires to deliver your food. Not allowed in your house unless invited. Just be sure to ask for extra garlic.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              This is why you should only get vampires to deliver your food. ... extra garlic.
              A second job for Otto Chreik!

If it's not enough excitement being discorporated by suprised salamanders, add the suspense of wondering if the shield on the pizza hot-box will hold!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                This is why you should only get vampires to deliver your food. Not allowed in your house unless invited. Just be sure to ask for extra garlic.
                One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach. All the damn vampires.

Comment

You think you've got problems-what about us folks in Sunnydale?

Although if you're sending something hot and covered in tomato sauce for me to lick happily on,then make it a Willow Rosenberg Special and I shall be very pleased indeed
                  Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 07-20-2017, 11:34 PM.
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I don't want to make any assumptions, but there are several BAD ways this could have gone. Obviously you had to follow him IN when he entered your home. He could have tried to assault you, or you could have tried to assault him. (Not that you would, just stating facts)

If he'd have tried this in my house, my 75lb Rodegian Ridgeback Lab mix and my 90lb Pitbull would have protested.

Comment

It's been a long time since I've done deliveries (prescriptions not food), and I was always told to NEVER enter someone's residence unless they said 'Come on in'. Not only that, to me that's bad manners to just invite yourself in without permission.

I've actually had delivery drivers politely decline coming in if I offer.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post

I've actually had delivery drivers politely decline coming in if I offer.
                        As they should (see my posts above as to why)
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          You think you've got problems-what about us folks in Sunnydale?

Although if you're sending something hot and covered in tomato sauce for me to lick happily on,then make it a Willow Rosenberg Special and I shall be very pleased indeed
                          Isn't Sunnydale just a big smoking hole now?

Comment

I would've been extremely uncomfortable since I am a woman who lives alone. That said, it's likely that he thought that was giving good service and just needs a gentle correction. Sometimes people do things wrong out of a good heart. A word to the management with the position of "hey, there are bad things that could happen in that situation--I'm trying to look out for your employees and me" would probably be good enough. Maybe you could ask the manager to let the delivery person know you did appreciate the effort to please you, that you just want a safer policy. win/win
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
                              Isn't Sunnydale just a big smoking hole now?
                              Wouldn't mind going near Willow's big smoking hole....
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

It's been some time since I ordered delivery. In my in-laws neck of the woods, they won't enter unless asked. Mrs. TGK once suggested that her wheel chair bound brother tip the delivery guy an extra buck for food placement that the OP got.
                                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                                X