This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange customer yesterday

Yesterday a strange customer came to my line. Here is why she was strange.

I was checking out a customers groceries at that time while interacting with her. The strange customer was in a motorized wheelchair, and she placed 2 candy bars on the belt. Announcements were also being made over the store intercom, and music was playing inside the store.

While I was processing my current customers transaction, she told the customer with the 2 candy bars "she probably did not hear you say anything to her" which was true. That customer ended up leaving.

Turns out from her and the bagger who was bagging the groceries, the wheelchair candy bar customer claimed that I was rude to her.

Not strange, clueless. People who dwell at the center of their own universe have no idea that everyone can't hear what they say, and the rest of us aren't hanging on their every word.
    I have a problem like this often. The PA system can be deafeningly loud, and I ask customers to wait until the loud (and often garbled) announcement is done before talking to me. Some look at me like I'm shockingly rude, but most agree that the PA system is bad.

Comment

Working...
    X