This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joke's on you, lady!

I was talking with one of our delivery drivers, and he told me a gem of a story.

He had a new customer on his route, just moved in two weeks ago. Last week, he delivered a package to them while they were out and left it by the door.

This week, he delivered another package and they were home this time. They immediately claimed that he didn't deliver the previous package.

Here's the thing....he did. He distinctly remembered it as well, because it was a 130 pound disassembled piece of furniture. He's been on the job quite a few years, and his finely honed bullshit detector was pegged. He told her he knew for a fact he did deliver it. How could he forget it?

SC: I KNOW you didn't deliver it because NO ONE BUZZED YOU IN!!!! (SC lived in an apartment building)

Driver: Ma'am, I don't need to be buzzed in, I have the code! Did you have to buzz me in just a moment ago?

SC:.…no…

Driver: It's delivered. Oh and by the way, from now on, you need to be at home to sign for all deliveries.

SC: WHAT?? Why?!

Driver: because you just tried to claim I didn't do my job! Youre claiming a lost package. That means from now on we won't be able to drop ship to you anymore.

Me and driver:

Me: jokes on you, lady!

Driver: Exactly! See ya later! *closes door and heads for his next stop*
    Last edited by Dave1982; 08-25-2017, 07:58 PM. Reason: typos
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Boy, THAT'S not what she had in mind...! (Snorts!)

Comment

LOLOL!!! That's great!

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
        Boy, THAT'S not what she had in mind...! (Snorts!)
        Nope, I'll bet it wasn't! What lovely aggravation they're going to have in future, trying to ensure somebody's home for a delivery ...

Have to admit, I personally wouldn't mind having to sign for a delivery, but ATM I live in a house, so when things get dropped off, they are at risk for theft (so far I've been lucky ...) Then again, if something DOES go missing, I assume that it WAS stolen ... not that the delivery person just tossed it into some bushes somewhere.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

If I'm getting anything important delivered to me I usually get it shipped to where I work. All shipments get signed in, even personal ones, so there is a record of somebody (usually me) accepting the delivery.

I've had folks in this building try to say that I signed for something for them but now they can't find it...jokes on them: I record EVERYTHING, including who picked up the package once I signed it in. It's so much fun when I show them the receiving ledger with their initials - they initialed that they received their shipment so it's all on them.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
            I usually get it shipped to where I work.
            Eh...while I understand this, I - as a receiver - have mixed feelings about it. By and large it's not a real issue (except around Christmas.....oy.....), but two types of people spoil it for me. First are people who abuse the privilege with excessive quantities of personal packages and/or really heavy stuff (a couple that stick out: a full set of barbell weights, a freaking lawn mower). Then there's the people who obsessively watch the tracking and come running down demanding their stuff before we've even had a chance to wheel the cart into the room yet, let alone sort it out. Dude, seriously, PATIENCE!!!!!!

I've had folks in this building try to say that I signed for something for them but now they can't find it...jokes on them: I record EVERYTHING
            So do we. We've got a barcode scanner and online database too. This has saved our asses more times than we can count. Just this week we completely befuddled a guy who came in saying "we signed for it," only for us to punch in the tracking number and pull up the delivery record, complete with HIS signature.

"Wait....I signed for it???? Shit!!! That's a thousand dollars and I can't find it!!"
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I think I saw a story similar to this on the Malicious Compliance subreddit.

Comment

@Dave1982, I fully get where you're coming from! One of the management folks actually had car parts delivered to work. I was less than impressed and I made sure he knew it...he bought me a fancy lunch that day and coffee for the rest of the week in apology, and hasn't done it since.

Some items end up going to our 'mail room' in a completely different building before it gets sent to my site, and that can be truly frustrating because the addressee will start pinging me the second their item shows as delivered, even after I've explained that if it hasn't arrived to our site and that it will likely show up in the next day's internal mail delivery. It's a stupid-arse system, especially when the item is specifically addressed to my building and not the 'mail room' building.

The worst part about it all is that technically I'm not supposed to deal with the building's mail or shipments as I'm only a security guard. But if I don't do it, it sits there and clutters up my work area. Plus, I get bored, and it helps to pass the day. I do know proper mail handling procedures, for which the building is grateful for, but when the day comes that I leave they are going to be so screwed...

Comment

In situations where it's practical and the sender is willing to do so, I *prefer* signing for packages (Heck, I'll even cover the extra fee). Especially back at my old place, I had one too many boxes containing electronics such as motherboards not only left in plain view (instead of, say, in the thick plastic milk crate (sitting a few inches off of the ground) marked "PLEASE PLACE DELIVERIES IN HERE"), hidden behind the thick foliage, but on the ground, rainwater seeping into the cardboard box >_<
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

One of the management folks actually had car parts delivered to work.
                    'There's a guy here who does that sometimes. The difference is he always gives us a heads up about it, and he never has us bring them to his office. We just set them aside and he comes down later, signs for them, and puts them in his car.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

One of the management folks actually had car parts delivered to work.
                      I've only done that once, when my company was at the old building. Usually, there was someone in on the weekend. If the parts came, they'd be sitting on my desk when I arrived on Monday. But since there's nowhere secure to leave a package, no way I'd do that now. Too many crackheads and thieves about do leave something expensive on the doorstep.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                      X