This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscene Phone Call? REALLY?!

Working in Call Center Hell certainly has it's ups & downs, but this guy takes the cake. He calls customer service from a disconnected cell phone & while he's talking, directs the actions of the person who is allegedly "servicing" him. Graphically & in detail. My reaction is to put him on Hold to transfer to a Supervisor, but he hangs up once on hold. Of course, he's not getting any attention. He always calls on Sundays & has gotten through to me twice, go figure. I feel so special.

Now, I'm in my mid-50's, have been in the military and have a mouth like a sewer, so this doesn't shock or upset me, it doesn't even piss me off that much. I guess it's a mildly annoying interruption to the routine. Naturally, if this were my personal phone, I would of course, deal with it differently, by questioning his masculinity, sexual prowess & in all likelihood, telling him he has a dick the size of a needle. But that's me.
    Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

awwww been there done that.

I once got the same guy 7 times in a row, because there was no actual infomercial at the time, and we had no calls coming in so everyone in the center just went off the phone for a few minutes while I shut him down.

Comment

One of my CW's once got rid of a guy like this by saying, "Grow up!"

For some reason that upset him and he hung up, and didn't try again.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Wonders if he was getting turned on by the constant rejection.

Honestly? What a loser!

Comment

Honestly....if anyone desperately needs to receive an obscene call,I can provide that service for much less aggravation.... :P
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

When I had my epic run of getting the same obscene caller and shutting him down every time end with him yelling 'Why won't you just let me get off!!!!!!' to which I responded 'Because that's not my job' resulting in laughter from the workers around me listening to me shut him down over and over again and him to call me a hitch and hang up not to call again.

Comment

Back before my wife and I had even started dating, she was working at a drug store in the city. She and her coworkers were constantly getting prank calls, and we're pretty sure that most, if not all of them were from our one friend's little brother, who was 13 at the time.

One of the more memorable calls was from someone asking about extra-large condoms, as he was supposedly over 12 inches. The lady who took the call casually told him he could come in, and they'd measure it for him. Not surprisingly, he never showed.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I remember one obscene caller I had he told me to suck his big black dick and I told him I bat for the opposite team. I won best comeback of the week. .

Comment

I remember exactly one call like that where I work and the dude who took the call was a totally awesome guy who actually used to be a team lead (he voluntarily stepped down). Anyway he tried to shut the caller down by bascially doing a variation on "killing them with kindness" but it didn't work, so the call got to me and of course I promptly hung up on his ass (after warning that was exactly what would happen if he didnt stop).
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I remember one of my smartass coworkers getting an obscene call. The guy said that he "had something in his hand." Her reply? "If you only need one hand, I'm not interested." Needless to say, the prick (pun intended) hung up
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Good one!

As annoyed as I am by call center work currently, at least I don't get obscene ones. Do get the occasional flirt, which I cheerily ignore, then mock to friendly co-workers afterward. It's especially funny to me when I am old enough to be the offender's mother.
                      Last edited by Seanette; 08-27-2017, 04:43 AM. Reason: editing into a sentence that reads as if I can actually write coherently in English
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Haven't had any calls at work (and I hardly answer the phone these days due to a new system being installed a few weeks ago and I still can't figure it out - heehee) but we have gotten one some time back at home.

Mom simply told him to go find his parents and get off the phone, hung up and called the number back that showed up on Caller ID and told the person who answered (I think it may have been an adult voice) about the call and ask that her number not be called back.

So far we haven't had calls back from that little twerp.

She's getting to be one cranky old lady. Just don't get in her way - she'll run over you with her chair.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X