Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be at a dealership but I can't deal with you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be at a dealership but I can't deal with you.

So I ended up going back to slinging car parts at a Dodge/Jeep dealership.

95% I'm dealing with the inhouse mechs or shops.
    Once in a while I get a retail call.

Me- Hi la-de-dodge parts how can I help you?
    Him I need xxx part for a jeep.
    Ok told him what he needed...
    THEN....
    You have XXXX part for XX yr Corvette?

NO we not a Chevy dealer. (one of the sister dealers are 2 towns over)

Oh well because of sister store I thought you would

*sigh* I wonder if he was a mouth breather.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
    ... sigh* I wonder if he was a mouth breather.
    Must be, since he was talking out of his ass.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

But, say it with me kids, "You have a computer! You can look it up!"

or

"It's all the same!"

If it WAS all the same, there would be ONE phone number in the directory.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Today

"I know you don't carry parts for 2003 big truck but I want to see of you have this part for 2003 big truck"

Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 08-12-2017, 12:23 AM.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Would you have any parts in 'the back'?

Comment

*sigh* I wonder if he was a mouth breather.
            I try very hard not to be an idiot or an SC, but if I am being a mouth breather, 99% of the time it's because someone nearby has doused themselves with an entire bottle of cologne and I can barely breathe.
            Last edited by Dave1982; 08-13-2017, 03:51 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

"hey, i know you sell brand x exclusively now but you used to sell brand y 10 years ago so I need such and such from brand y"

yea, no.

Comment

I have heard - anecdotally - that you can occasionally find dealerships that used to sell obscure or no longer existant brands of cars and still have a few parts leftover. Maybe because they still had a few customers from those days, or because the owner thought maybe they'd be worth money and held on to them, or whatever reason. Supposedly some caches of hard to find parts have been discovered at old privately owned dealers.

Of course, the odds of someone randomly stumbling upon this would be incredibly low, and would not happen when you're talking about recent models from current major brands. This is something that only someone with the right connections would know about.

In the OPs case, they were just dumbass SCs.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

More of a coworker rant but I don't feel like a new thread
                  I love we have fleet contracts with a local foundry corporation. So we get a mix of cars and trucks.
                  Friday noon- 2017 Audi Q7 supercharged V6 SUV. For it's first oil change.
                  1st- yea must be nice to have this as a company car.
                  2nd- no we won't have the filter and no the chain autoparts store won't either.
                  I may be the new jack but I've been doing this for about 7 years and longer if you think about it.
                  So does bosses kid listen when I tell him we need to get moving for the 25mi jaunt to the only Audi dealer in 60mi? Or take your time and wing it on a aftermarket?
                  ding go with B that of course does not fit.
                  Now the car was promised at 2 it's 230 and now we are running for it.
                  Then the service writer wants to argue with my that in Friday afternoon traffic it's going to take about 2 hrs to get this part now. Yea I've been driving for parts for the last 7 years here yea 2hr IF all goes well!
                  took 1 45. told you
                  AkaiKitsune

Comment

So does bosses kid listen when I tell him we need to get moving for the 25mi jaunt to the only Audi dealer in 60mi? Or take your time and wing it on a aftermarket?
                    Oh wow. Leave the geography out of it .... am I right in thinking that it's ALWAYS seriously bad idea to "wing it on an aftermarket" on an almost-new, $50,000 vehicle?

For a client who, from the sounds of it, gives your dealership a fairly significant volume of businesses?

I mean, a filter is such a relatively cheap item and putting the wrong thing in there can do so much freaking damage. If I were that customer I'd expect a genuine Audi filter.

Comment

I now want to shop at a dealership called La-dee-Dodge.

Comment

Down the block from fu-fu Ford.
                        AkaiKitsune

Comment

It dawned on me as I left work after my 12 hr shift the term "let's get the fuck out of dodge" has a whole new meaning to me now.
                          AkaiKitsune

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                            ...that you can occasionally find dealerships that used to sell obscure or no longer existant brands of cars and still have a few parts leftover.
                            I remember reading similar stories in classic car mags back in the 1990s or so. Someone would be clearing out a storage unit, and find all sorts of NOS bits for cars no longer supported. Most of the time, the stuff would get snapped up quickly. But, with the rise of Ebay, it seems that such events rarely happen now.

It's not just auto dealers--many hobby shops, especially ones that have been around for decades--are like that too. For example, the one I once frequented (it's since closed ) opened in 1945. While they had some unique things on their shelves, the real treasure was up in the attic. We're talking early (by early, I mean 1910s and '20s) Lionel train parts, obscure model kits, and a lot of things that are very rare and expensive now. Had I been able to, I could have bought everything, and made a tidy profit on it.
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                              I have heard - anecdotally - that you can occasionally find dealerships that used to sell obscure or no longer existant brands of cars and still have a few parts leftover. Maybe because they still had a few customers from those days, or because the owner thought maybe they'd be worth money and held on to them, or whatever reason. Supposedly some caches of hard to find parts have been discovered at old privately owned dealers.

Of course, the odds of someone randomly stumbling upon this would be incredibly low, and would not happen when you're talking about recent models from current major brands. This is something that only someone with the right connections would know about.

In the OPs case, they were just dumbass SCs.
                              LOL At one point in time I purchased the last OEM front transaxle for a 1979 International Harvester Scout in the entire IH inventory - had to have it shipped from North Carolina to Connecticut
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X