Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...Woo-Oo! (It's back and it doesn't suck!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know how you tend to notice new things on a second or third (etc) viewing or reading...? Here's two I missed:

- Many of the backgrounds use Zipatone-style shading, much like the comic books that heavily influenced this reboot

- The writers and/or artistic team apparently feels the same way we do about 90's Webby (see image below)
    Attached Files
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Watched the pilot last week; thought it was great, can't wait to see more! Too bad we have to wait until...(looks on Wiki)...September 23rd? Why so long, especially when you have interest of fans of the old show? Hoping that the pace of releases of new episodes isn't like Steven Universe...

Comment

Further episodes aren't usually done until the results of the pilot are known, especially for an uncertain show which Ducktales was certainly qualifying as. At best the script for the first season was done and the first episodes were in mid production by the time the pilot went live.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

My kid and watched the pilot - we both loved it! It's not the same as the original and will never replace it, but as a stand-alone it's enjoyable

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
            Further episodes aren't usually done until the results of the pilot are known, especially for an uncertain show which Ducktales was certainly qualifying as. At best the script for the first season was done and the first episodes were in mid production by the time the pilot went live.
            While there was some uncertainty at first, as the Promotional drive started up, Disney knew they had a surefire hit on their hands. Season 2 is already a go.

I think in this case, they wanted to prime everyone for the show and prove it is going to be good. (Nostalgia Critic absolutely loved it; he broke his Disney Reference counter before it could really get going. ). Waiting until the end of September, is likely just normal cable schedule shenanigans. They probably wanted to get into the fall season and not be running into the End of Vacation/Start of School chaos period.

Comment

According to the most recent con news I've seen (read: pre-DragonCon), modernized DWD is absolutely happening, as well. Images were shown (if only briefly), of DW, Negaduck, and at least three others. I hope they incorporate the shows more overtly this time ^__^
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A Podcast with information about the Darkwing Duck episode

White Text spoilers below:
                I haven't listened to it myself but apparently... Darkwing Duck is a TV show in the DT setting, and Darkwing is the Nephews favorite star. The episode will have the Nephews meet Drake Mallard in St Canard or something like that. I haven't heard much reaction about it, other than a curious "That's an interesting take on Darkwing." and that "It's not out of character for Drake to spin his Superhero adventures into a TV show he stars in as well." Considering how solidly they brought back Ducktales, I don't see them hosing Darkwing Duck's potential relaunch over a silly episode. So I'm eager to see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                X