Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It occurs to me that, if you're "Mama," that makes them all a pack of babies. Treat and address them accordingly.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

At work the kids call me "Miss FirstName". I always have a few that do the "Hey!" then curl their finger at me. They learn quick.

I think every class so far since school started has had a talk about being nice to the lunch ladies. My new co-worker almost quit 2 weeks into the school year because the kids were rude and demanding, and the lady who serves the food says this is her last year working here because the kids are rude and everyone is micromanaging her job.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
        the lady who serves the food says this is her last year working here because the kids are rude and everyone is micromanaging her job.
        That's got to suck. Spoiled brats with snotty noses calling you names and treating you like you're less than human, every single day. And that's just the managers...!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          Some SCs will get my gender wrong about 1/3 of the time ...while it never really bothered me anyway that's a completely valid excuse for ignoring them.
          I've done that before, but it tends to be men with high-pitched voices over the phone, and I always feel like an ass once I'm corrected.

(In 7th and 8th grades, I sounded exactly like my mother over the phone. I have never been so grateful for people getting my gender wrong: "Hi, this is Mrs. Deserted's-mother, he won't be coming to class today." )
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
          X